Open House this weekend and I'm a nervous wreck!

Michi

I had to push my Open House out a week, just didn't get everything done that I should have, so it's going to be THIS Saturday, and OMG I'm still running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, have tons of stuff to do yet, and never enough time!

I shouldn't even be on here typing this, but I needed a little break and an outlet for some of this stress! LOL

Let's see, for some dumb reason I never counted my bottles, so I ran out in the middle of pouring my lotions and shower gels, so had to order some of those and pay top $$ for quick shipping.

Then I ran out of shrink bands for everything, so had to order more of those and pay top $$ for expedited shipping! :rolleyes:

Then, on top of all that, thought I had all my labels done, and realized I was short a few, so went to print out more and didn't have any more labels- so I had to order THOSE as well, and pay through the nose for super speedy shipping! UGH

What else could go wrong? :shocked2: Nothing, that's what! (crossing fingers)

I just have to put some more gift sets together, then finish decorating the house and get set up-geesh definitely need more hours in the day-I see long sleepless nights for me in the near future!

Ok, back to work, wish me luck, I hope I didn't forget to do anything..... LOL

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in again, breathe out......

It is very stressful but you will do just fine. Just stay focused, positive and try to relax and enjoy it. Nothing more will go wrong and your open house will be a raging success. ;):smiley2: I'm pulling for you.

Yeah! It'll be fun and you'll do great! I *didn't* wait for the last minute this year, but I have 3 more open house type shows left (I'm going around to a couple DR offices for work-time parties!) and had sold out of several scents that were very popular. I placed my orders in time to make up more ahead of time, but now Bittercreek is sitting on my order for wicks.... sigh... I *love* same day shipping in my shipping zone, but now I'm stuck waiting for wicks...

-Kristi

I'm sure it will be great, and worth all of the work. My annual open house is on Sunday, so far we have 30 people coming. I still feel like I need more product which is why I've been up every night til 1:00 making more stuff. When I run out of wax then I guess I know I have enough, and to top it off, my last fundraiser decided to do another one on their own and called me with an order by Christmas...

Have fun Michi, and make sure you go to bed early Friday night, you'll need the energy!

Well, went to bed about 1am and was wide awake at 3:30am-ugh! My mind just won't stop working!

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! Good luck to you Kristi with your upcoming shows/parties, and to you Debscent for YOUR open house! :)

Did you send out invitations with RSVP's required?

With mine since people can come any time between 12-6, I just gave out flyers.

Thinking the invitation thing is better b/c at least you KNOW people are gonna show!

Make sure you guys take pics of your set up and I will do the same. :)

Off to do some gift sets.

Michi, you sound like me! I hadn't planned to do any shows, but a small one that looks very promising came up for this Saturday. I realized on Monday that I was out of 4 oz jars, so I had to order those in a hurry. Then I got ready to put together a couple of gift sets and realized that I needed more of the trays I use from NW. They're discontinnuing the ones I use and are already out of the smaller ones! Then I found out yesterday afternoon that I have only a few of the gift bags I use, so I had to rush and order those as well.

You're obviously more organized than I am, though, cause I wouldn't even consider having anyone in this wreck of a house! I vow to get it cleaned up in 2008.

Good luck to you!

I used Evite and love it, it tells me how many people are coming, who has replied and who hasn't and it sends an automatic reminder to them and also includes a link for directions. This is our 4th year and I do love it.

Michi--have a great time. My mind has been running non stop. I did plan a "date" so I could have 3 hours of non work or candle related thoughts.

LOL you guys, I'm STILL trying to recover from all the sleepless nights prior to the open house, and then being on my feet for 3 days straight getting everything ready and actually DOING the thing!

WHEW, I do not know how all of you who do show after show after show do it!

I'm flat out exhausted! LOL

I'll post a new thread on how it went! ;)