My 1st votives! Opinions and constructive criticisms please!

Alycia

So here they are! These are my first votives....

candles1.jpg

I am proud of them despite the sink holes. They smell great but I am not sure how to avoid these annoying sink holes. I wiggle and straighten the wick after 30-45 mins from the first pour and do the repour after an hour an a half from the first pour. What am i doing wrong? (i'm using paraffin 129)

but overall, how do you think i did for my first try? comments and constructive criticisms welcome!

the tan is sandlewood, the purple is lavender, and the yello is lemongrass :) thanks for looking

They look very nice and creamy. Good job! I'd wait a little longer for them to cool before doing a re-pour. I know when I first started the kit I got came with instructions that said to wait an hour. Needless to say I had to do several repours. I wait about 3 hours or until the votive mold is no longer warm to the touch to do my re-pour. Great job tho.

nice colors, smooth and creamy, wicks centered....looks good to me!

If you want to make life easier, get wick pins.

Ditto on the wick pins. After you insert your tabbed wick, just melt the bottom a little to secure the tab.

You said those are your 1st? Great looking votives!

As said before, wait until they are really cool and then do the repour. Found this out when I made some late at night and was too tired to do a repour. Did it the next day and there was much less of a dip.