Mottles with a rustic look!

Jojo T.

• 3 weeks later...
So these are made with mottled wax? I have never tried to do this yet but would love to. Very Nice Job
I just used straight paraffin and added one tablespoon of stearine per lb of wax plus fragrance oil and voila! - mottle! (Plus UV inhibitor too.)

JOJO,

AWESOME CANDLE AND THE COLORS YOU CHOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL. WHAT WAX AND DYE COLORS DID YOU CHOOSE?

WOULD YOU SHARE YOU PROCEDURE FOR DOING THIS? I'M WANTING TO LEARN ALL I CAN ON RUSTIC PILLARS BEFORE I START. WHAT WAX IS BEST, ETC.

LOVE HOW YOUR TURNED OUT AND I'D APPRECIATE ANY HEADS UP FROM YOU IF YOU DON'T MIND!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:wink2:

JOJO,

AWESOME CANDLE AND THE COLORS YOU CHOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL. WHAT WAX AND DYE COLORS DID YOU CHOOSE?

WOULD YOU SHARE YOU PROCEDURE FOR DOING THIS? I'M WANTING TO LEARN ALL I CAN ON RUSTIC PILLARS BEFORE I START. WHAT WAX IS BEST, ETC.

LOVE HOW YOUR TURNED OUT AND I'D APPRECIATE ANY HEADS UP FROM YOU IF YOU DON'T MIND!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:wink2:

The wax I get here is always just straight paraffin wax with no additives and then I start playing. To get mottles I don't seem to have to do much, just the 1 tablespoon of stearine per lb of wax and I added half an ounce of fragrant oil per lb as well - that worked for me. Hot pour and slow cooling is a good idea too - although with these I let the temperature drop before I poured so I could get a bit of a rustic effect - the mottle still showed through. The best thing to do is just experiment.