HELP!! Candles aren't mottling.

Rae

This happens to me alot. Is this "frosting"? I used 1274, heated to 190, added color and poured between 185 and 190. There is NO mottling. I didn't use any FO on these as I was testing for color. Any help would be greatly

appreciated.:undecided

TIA

Having trouble loading pics. Will try again.

post-8039-139458437852_thumb.jpg

You need some kind of oil to get it to mottle. If you want them unscented try using mineral oil at the same rate. (.50 oz per lb) otherwise you will need to use FO. Start at .50 oz per lb and go up from there. With mottling you do not want to use more than 1 oz per lb, and even then without certain additives you'll get bleeding. Some FO's mottle better than others, and I swear sometimes if I didn't hang my tung just the right way while doing the mottle chant it will mottle different.

hth,

Karen B

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: So, does your tongue hang right or left? or does it waggle?

I feel the same way about mottles too...tooo funny!

Kim

I think it's all in the chant, and I must not be doing it right because I can't find that higher candle mottle power/God that i should feel when doing the candle mottle chant.

Of course there are other factors like the direction and speed at which the wind is blowing. (wet finger and wave in the air to check conditions)

BTW yes I meant tongue as in mouth, not tong what ever that is. (Can't spell check just read minds,especially before my 1st cup of coffee)

Karen B

I think it's all in the chant, and I must not be doing it right because I can't find that higher candle mottle power/God that i should feel when doing the candle mottle chant.

Of course there are other factors like the direction and speed at which the wind is blowing. (wet finger and wave in the air to check conditions)

BTW yes I meant tongue as in mouth, not tong what ever that is. (Can't spell check just read minds,especially before my 1st cup of coffee)

Karen B

I always have trouble with mottles too...It seems they just do whatever they feel like doing so I just go with it these days.

LOL It's ok I understand typo...:D

Let me ask this ... did you use a water bath?

Looks like some of these candles were still stuck to the mold ... so no, it isn't frost.

No bath. I poured 28 more candles yesterday with different FOs and they

turned out great. I didn't know that oil is needed to make a candle mottle. I learn so much from you all and really appreciate everyone's willingness to

help.:D