Extra wax....

What do you all do with the extra wax that is left over from a bum test burn? I burnt the candle down to the bottom but there is still lots left on the outer edges. I was going to just toss is out but that seems like such a waste to me. Any suggestions? Should I change the wick and make it into votives?

Yep, sounds like you didn't get it wicked properly. The ideal is to get a nice full meltpool that goes right to the sides of the jar, leaving you with no wax 'hangup' on the glass.

Welcome to the FRUSTRATING world of container candle making *lol* :D You'll either end up with the perfect candle or go insane trying :laugh2: Don't forget to write everything you add to your candle 'recipe' down on paper, or once you have got it all figured out and burning well you won't be able to do it again, make a note of all measurements of wax/fo/colour and what wick you used - believe me it will become your bible and you will protect it with your life!! :laugh2:

Anjie,x.