Making wax Poinsettia Leaves?

I had a girlfriend who used to put leaves into her pillar molds and swirls, then pour the candle with white so it looked like flowers. She would color her paraffin (green for leaves obviously) then pour it into a cookie sheet to the thinness she wanted, then carve them out when they had cooled enough but were still pliable. You'd have to have your tapers ready...I would imagine you would need a touch of glue, but if the leaf is pliable you could bend it around a taper lying flat, let it cool, and glue it on later with Tacky Wax or something. Good luck...they will look beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Well here it is,I had to get a little clever making the leaves.I used carved wax for those.*Note to self* Never let the kids use the cookie cutters..There gone.LOL!

This is just a proto..it did melt the leaves a little,forgive the dripps.Maybe next time it will be better.

Thank you both again for the suggestions.

Munky

my.php?image=pb060350gd0.jpg

Hi,

I had forgotten to take pictures of that,It's been burning for 5+ hrs every day for a week now.And I wonder why it dripped!.Doh'! Doh'! Doh'!:o

I really should have scented it,but Poinsettia's don't have a scent.

I'm open for suggestions :cool2:

Thank you for the compliments,I gave it a try,and after asking how to do it,it really would have been rude on my part not to post a follow up on it.It was just an idea.Time permitting today,I'll probably get back in there and create a new design I've been thinking about.That one took 2 days to assemble.I just look for work don't I?

Thanks again

Munky.