Are 1 oz fo samples stronger than larger quantities?

casey2

Hi!

I've hesitated to post this question for quite a while - but since it seems to have happened to me quite often by now - I'm asking if the fo suppliers send more powerful fos when you are sampling, and then when you order the larger size it isn't as strong -

Has anyone else ever thought this? There is also a supplier that has sales on for buy one ounce and get the second free, I believe that is how it is done - anyway, I've had one batch smell awesome and the second have half the scent -

I hope I don't get knocked off this board because I'm asking this, but I'm getting frustrated when I know a sample smelled and threw great, and I order the larger size and don't get the same awesome throw -

Thank you in advance for your replies - whether you think I'm crazy or maybe someone else has thought this before????:undecided

I haven't had this happen to me but I have heard of it happening to others.

I can vouch for Backwoods cause all their scents I have tried so far are as awesome in a 16 oz bottle as a 1 oz sample bottle.

Lots of excellent fragrance oil suppliers out there. Many mentioned on this forum board have good quality oils.

I haven't had this happen to me but I have heard of it happening to others.

I can vouch for Backwoods cause all their scents I have tried so far are as awesome in a 16 oz bottle as a 1 oz sample bottle.

Lots of excellent fragrance oil suppliers out there. Many mentioned on this forum board have good quality oils.

Thanks Candybee - I hope those others will reply - I love working with my wax, but hate the frustration of thinking I'm going to have as great a product as I first sampled, only to be disappointed when I get the larger size - I know that waxes have a great deal to do with it - but this has happened to me when I'm still in the process of using the same wax order - and I'm certainly not changing my process any of when I add and stir and pour - and this hasn't happened with every company, because I certainly have a few with top quality oils - but I've spent so many dollars testing to find great oils that work with my wax, and then have an fo not throw as well as the sample size did, so very disappointing...and I also feel like I let my customers down when I had that scent and it was awesome and now I have to tell them I'm sorry I don't have it for sale - because I just won't sell something w/o an awesome throw...

Thanks again - I appreciate your response so very much!!!

Well I can't speak for other suppliers but this is certainly not how we do business at Backwoods. The 1 ounce samples are poured from the same drum as all other sizes.

Glo

Thanks Glo, I appreciate your response - I hope some other suppliers respond also!!!

Most suppliers are going to pour your 1oz sample from the same drum as they would pour larger sizes. However, you never know when a supplier has to reorder their oil and possibly by the time you've ordered a larger amount, they've also reordered a new drum.

Depending on raw materials, etc that go into the oil, it can be slightly different. I've noticed this from time to time the past few years...

Oh yes this has happened to me also. :mad:

I stopped ordering from that distributor for the most part

:tiptoe: Ever time I order I wonder if i will get stuck with a (quality control issue)

I know it is very fustrating and can be costly.

Good Luck to you !

Brooke