Configuring wicks?

just buy some samples and try them.....you are going to get a wide variety of answers. Like here is my answer.

I use LX, HTP, Zinc, and Premier wicks.

Some applications the lx works betters, the others htp does, others zinc does and others premier's do.

Test and find out which one YOU prefer.

Hey, Sparkette...

There are a lot of helpful people here, but you're going to have to learn how to do some research on your own. We've all been where you are now! Most people are more than willing to help, but you'll get much farther by showing initiative to research. Very few are comfortable with hand feeding someone. To top it off, you may use the exact same wax, FO, wick, etc. that I use. And for whatever reason, we'll get different results. The only way to determine what works for you is to test. Making a good candle takes time, money and determination. It's not nearly as easy as I thought it would be when I first started.

I think one of the biggest mistakes I made when I first started was to overwick. You want to have about 1" of melt pool for every hour of burn time.

I have tested and at one time thought I loved: RRD, LX, Performa, ECO and now CD's. I still like each of them for different reasons.

Happy Testing!