Peak Oils directly on skin?

fumelover

Hi, I'm new here and have made some candles with Peak oils... they turned out pretty well but am not looking to make any more for a while. The oils I have do say "B & B" on them, but does anyone know if they can safely be applied to the skin? I have been searching the site and the forums and can't find the answer. TIA!

Robin

I must have leather for skin, cuz I always rub FO on the back of my hands, so I can get a good sniff of it, even if it doesn't say B&B safe. LOL

Never had a problem yet-9 months and about a hundred FO's later........ ;)

I don't understand, if it's B&B safe, I'd better be able to put it on my skin right? :undecided

Generally everything that says it's "B&B" safe means it's safe to use in bath and body products, but is not for use directly on your skin.

Having said that, I have also put fragrance oil directly on my skin and have never had any negative reaction. Of course, I only do it once when I get new samples in, just to see how they smell. Just because it appears to be safe on my skin or your skin doesn't mean that it will be on someone else, so always dilute it with a carrier oil. Another item to consider diluting it with is witch hazel. I haven't tried that myself yet, but I know others who do.