Whipped Parfait Ice Cream Soap????

Fluffy

i'm sure others with more experience will chime in here, but it sure looks like foaming bath butter. I didn't have any luck with this stuff as the base is too expensive for my market around here, and i really didn't notice any "luxurious" benefits to compensate for the higher price tag. just my 2 cents worth anyhow...

Heather

Looks great. I don't know what its made out of, her ingredienst say goatsmilk soap, liquid soap, fragrance, and color.

Its doesn't look like it has the same consistency that cream soap has.

I'm with Maryann on this one.

To me it looks like FBB, not cream soap.

Could you just melt some m&p and mix it with liquid soap and whip the crap out of it?

Good question- I've used this combo in footscrubs when I first started out and the liquid soap kept the M&P from setting up. I don't know if whipping would give it that look. She doesn't list FBB but I'm w/ CBE it looks like FBB- what a mystery.

There could be other ingredients so people don't try to duplicate, if so there should be continuation dots.

Looks great. I don't know what its made out of, her ingredienst say goatsmilk soap, liquid soap, fragrance, and color.

Its doesn't look like it has the same consistency that cream soap has.

Hmm...if you go by her ingredients, it almost looks like she :does: just mix MP with Liquid Soap and "whip the snot out of it":laugh2:

Sort of a version of cream soap, I guess. LOL

• 1 year later...

You know... I've achieved something like this on my own but I dont know how long it would store...

How I made my "whipped soap" was I took two cups of CP soap shreds (a coconut milk unscented.. I believe it was a 5 oz bar that made about 2 cups when shredded) and I poured 1/2 cup warm water over it in a pyrex dish. Let it set overnight to soften, poured off whatever water was left over, then whipped (in my kitchenaid stand mixer with whip attachment) with another 1/4-1/2 cup apricot kernel oil. Its about as luxurious and creamy a soap as I have ever used- but I use it all up so quickly (shaving, on a bath pouf!) that it never gets stored...

This has inspired me to go whip up a batch and set it in a jar for a month and see what comes of it.. I'll keep a bit of a journal on it and let you all know! It has almost a yogurt texture.. not as runny as a liquid soap, but not as thick as say.. a frosting.

• 4 months later...
Bumping up because I was curious if you ever let it sit and see what happened Luminous. (Curiosity killed the cat! :smiley2:)

Happy to update! It slowly lost volume, I'd say within a week it was flat and became very runny. I used preservative so I wasnt concerned with mold or bacteria but it took on a strange smell around week 3 despite that - so I might not have used enough! I still make the method I mentioned above for my own personal use time to time and because I make small batches that we use up as a family in a day or so I dont have to worry about preservatives. In the end I concluded making a cream soap from scratch is much safer if I were to sell it.

This whipped soap tutorial on here was alot of help.. http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73513 and snowdrift farms has one too.

Hmm...if you go by her ingredients, it almost looks like she :does: just mix MP with Liquid Soap and "whip the snot out of it":laugh2:

Sort of a version of cream soap, I guess. LOL

Yeah, kinda does! To be honest that makes me really nervous though. I buy as much soap as I make and I *NEVER* order from anyone who doesnt list their ingredients. It makes me think they either have something to hide, or worse, dont really know whats in it. Yikes!

Yeah, kinda does! To be honest that makes me really nervous though. I buy as much soap as I make and I *NEVER* order from anyone who doesnt list their ingredients. It makes me think they either have something to hide, or worse, dont really know whats in it. Yikes!

Me too , nothing makes me hit the back button faster .