Sample Holders?

NattyCat

I'm looking for something like a briefcase, that holds lots of little pots about the size of a tealight that I can fill with wax and give to my agents for their customers.

The main thing I hear is that people want to smell the scents before they buy, so if I can give each agent a set of 5 briefcases, and in each briefcase there are 20 or so scents of the same type - like bakery, fruit etc - that would help me out loads.

Anyone know where to get something like this?

Thanks

Nat

Wow.... seems like that would be kinda heavy? A suggestion would be to get a regular briefcase and put some foam in it. Make some small cutouts in it. Then, get some small bottles that can hold a few drops of your FO/EO's. You might be able to get them all in one. Hope that helped a bit! :smiley2:

" NEVER DO ANYTHING THAT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO EXPLAIN TO THE PARAMEDICS" :P

Medic, why would you want someone to sniff oob? That's a horrible test of what a finished product will smell like.

Natty, be forewarned that the aluminum cases might discolor badly with fo containing vanilla. It will look like rust. It isn't rust, but takes on that appearance. If you are planning for these samples to last any length of time, the discoloration will really put anybody off wanting to purchase your candles.

IMO, you would be better off going with something plastic (#5 PP) and pour a little cooler such as you might with M&P soap, body frosting in the "deodorant" type tubes, that type of thing. It would be very lightweight, too.

Just my opinion.

www.StuffSunshineLikes.com

I have samples in aluminum that have been there a few years, no problems, no rust, no discoloration :) Thanks for the heads up SOW, was probably the particular FOs you were using, mine don't do that. I have found if anything, plastic picks up color stains more easily than aluminum ever does.

actually SOW, you're right - I make candle tins that I get from specialty bottle and the vanilla and gingerbread disclour the tin really badly. I'm not overly bothered though as in a set of 20 there may only be one or two with vanilla in. If my agent tells me they've discoloured I'll just replace them.

I did think about plastic but the main thing is that I wanted all the samples to be enclosed in a custom made case or tin for easy storage and transportation. I'll be giving each agent a set of around 200 samples, each in different categories so being able to give them a set of 20 in each category, all neatly packed into a tin/case/box works for me. Appreciate you looking out for me though and also appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Thanks,

Nat

Natty, you might be able to get those sample cases and then switch out the little tins for small plastic jars that are the same size. I know that would cost more money, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about any scent with vanilla in it discoloring the tins.

Hmm food for thought....

Get some LA CON polycons. :)

They are great for samples of just about anything. I get them all over~ SKS, direct from LA CON, eBay, and Freund Container. These come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors from a few vendors.

I just got some Shell-cons in for samples- cutest container, ever!

http://www.lacontainer.com/

Get some LA CON polycons. :)

They are great for samples of just about anything. I get them all over~ SKS, direct from LA CON, eBay, and Freund Container. These come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors from a few vendors.

I just got some Shell-cons in for samples- cutest container, ever!

http://www.lacontainer.com

Those are cute!!! did I hear you say coop?

I should seriously consider this early next year. I have an account with them, and they send me little samplers every so often. Over the weekend, I got a package in from them with 15+ containers, some I've never even seen on the website. I'll have to check into freight rates first, as UPS ground from CA to NY would be just ridiculous. Freight is actually much cheaper for supplies in bulk, in many cases. Especially if they can deliver to a commercial address.

Remind me late Winter-early Spring- N. :)

Next Co-op for me is going to be TOG molds, I believe.

Those are cute!

You could also use those goofy condiment things people are falling all over themselves to use for tarts. The lids snap on. I don't remember which company I emailed about them, but the ones I checked on are #5 PP. And ultra cheap.

If you do, get the clear ones. Not quite the same thing, but I had shea butter go flat/stale in black double walled jars. I didn't use the black enough to know why, but it scared me off ever using black again. For anything.

Seems to me as cheap as they are, you could custom build cases to hold them. Couldn't be that hard.

www.StuffSunshineLikes.com

You may want to do a search in the archives for threads about those watchmaker cases. Some people had trouble with the scents not staying contained and blending together over time. The lids just sit on top instead of screwing or snapping on so they are not airtight. Also, the edges of both the case and the tins/lids are pretty sharp. I have one, and experienced the same problems other people did. It's a shame, because they are really cute and would be perfect otherwise.

And yes, fo's containing vanilla can react with aluminum. Two of my worst offenders are Amish Harvest and Pink Sugar. (If anyone has any suggestions for preventing this, I am all ears!)

Good luck to you!