Why Must I Change Things That Aren't Broken????

Can someone tell me why I must insist on changing things that worked okay up until today??? I have been making chunk candles forever and for some reason I chose today to change my process!! I usually use about 3.33 pounds of wax as my chunks - but by mistake last time I had a chunk sticking out of the top of my white wax and it looked awesome. I test burned the candle and all went great so I decided to make more chunks for the candles I was set to pour today - well, my brain wasn't thinking and here I am - too many chunks and not enough white wax to pour on top!!! Normally I would have more scent and would just melt a little more wax and scent it - no problem! But you guessed it no more scent in stock!!! Thanks for listening - I just needed to vent a little at myself!:cry2:

I must say the ones I did finish sure are pretty!:cheesy2: Next time I will remember not so many chunks!!!

(BTW I make container candles)

Kimmi -

Kimmi-- I make chunk candles too and I always make them so the chunks stick out on top. I use a different fragrance for the chunks that blends with the overpour so they can smell both fragrances before purchasing. Customers love these.

But sometimes I get an itch to stop doing the chunks because it can be labor intensive. Then I think about how well they sell and that I shouldn't stop making something that is working so well for me.

Thank you so much for the positive replies. Yes on the bright side I have extra chunks already made up! I have had a little time to reflect and they are really pretty and smell yummy - my customers will love them and they will never know my oversight:D Besides, that is just another mistake I won't (or I guess I should say shouldn't) ever make again!!! Lesson learned!

Again, thanks for the replies.

~Kimmi