OCM facial scrub?

ShoogieScents

I have been using the OCM for a couple weeks now and LOVE it. I am wanting to make this into a scrub that I can use daily at night. (Maybe not daily, not sure if that would be good for my face or not). What scrubbies would you recommend for an OCM facial scrub? Salt, Sugar, Cornmeal, etc?

Thanks,

Bobbie

A lot of people use baking soda in a facial scrub.

Side note: I exfoliate twice daily. Yes, my skin can take it even if everyone else's can't. Mine is very oily, coarse, breakout prone and I stay aggravated at it. I keep trying to scrub it away and it's not working, and since I went on Retin-A a few weeks ago I HAVE to exfoliate twice daily or I look like a snake shedding it's skin. I could stand to exfoliate AGAIN in the middle of the day but I don't want to fool with splashing water all over the place and me in the bathroom at work, having to clean that up, and then having to put on makeup again.

I have been using OCM also, and while my face loves it it still feels kinda icky slathering on the oils. I love the way my sugar scrub feels although it is too harsh for my face and I can't use it everyday. So I was thinking of making some scrub without the sugar for my face only.

ETA: I should mention that I make an emulsified scrub.

I have been using OCM also, and while my face loves it it still feels kinda icky slathering on the oils. I love the way my sugar scrub feels although it is too harsh for my face and I can't use it everyday. So I was thinking of making some scrub without the sugar for my face only.

ETA: I should mention that I make an emulsified scrub.

I agree about using salt on the face instead of sugar. I noticed the ones I use with sugar, always clogg my pours and the salt ones dont.

Could you share with me the percentage of E Wax you use in your emulsifing scrub? Do you also add a thickener?

A lot of people use baking soda in a facial scrub.

Side note: I exfoliate twice daily. Yes, my skin can take it even if everyone else's can't. Mine is very oily, coarse, breakout prone and I stay aggravated at it. I keep trying to scrub it away and it's not working, and since I went on Retin-A a few weeks ago I HAVE to exfoliate twice daily or I look like a snake shedding it's skin. I could stand to exfoliate AGAIN in the middle of the day but I don't want to fool with splashing water all over the place and me in the bathroom at work, having to clean that up, and then having to put on makeup again.

Mine is the exact same as yours. Oily and acne prone, very delicate. After speaking with a rep at Natural Oils International located near me, I have been experimenting with some new oils they suggested with low clogging probability, heres some info on them:

Macadamia Nut Oil is a highly absorbable oil that is extremely nourishing to mature and/or dry skin. It is very high in palmitoleic acid which is very similar to the skin's own natural oils.

Rice Bran Oil is one of the most gentle oils which makes it perfect for eye creams, baby products and light facial and body moisturizers for all skin types. It's an excellent source of natural Vitamin E associated with anti-oxidant properties.

Also, these are good for the face:

Grapeseed oil is especially good for people with problem skin as it almost never causes any adverse reactions for those with delicate skin. It is widely used as a massage oil and an excellent carrier oil. Grapeseed oil has regenerative and restructuring virtues which allow better control of skin moisturization. Rich in Linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid quite important for the skin and the cell membranes.

Hazelnut oil is said to be an excellent choice for it's ability to tone and tighten the skin. It is used as well as a carrier oil and can be mixed with other oils for massage. Much like Grapeseed oil, it is especially good for face and body creams when you have normal to oily skin but still need that light moisturizing effect.