Is there any big differences between 415 and C-3 Wax??

Sorry, I thought someone else would answer this before long.

You can try either of those products with or without additives, but you're less likely to want to use additives with the C-3 because it's already formulated to be a soy container wax -- you might get better results right out of the box. If C-3 is the one you can easily get, I'd encourage you to try it out. .

415 is just flaked soy shortening. Some people use it straight, but it's better as a base material for people who want to do their own thing. 464 is a version of 415 that already has an emulsifier added for you, to make it behave a little better.

Mindy,

This is JMO and I'm sure others will chime in here, but I've used both and prefer C3 to 415 (or a blend of the 2 which I originally did just to use up the 415.) Aside from the circular cracks, I really never had much of an issue with C3 but had tons of problems with 415 that just weren't worth working through to me, the biggest being HT which again JMO but was much less in 415. HTH

Thanks guys, I actually went down to EAC and bought a case of C-3 to try out. I like it, I was just testing wicks so I don't know about the HT yet. So far so good. I really like the smooth surfaces that you can acheive without using a heat gun.

Now all I have to do is read up on this wax.

Going to EAC was the first time I ever was in a suppliers store, I was so excited. I almost went broke. Good thing I had bf with me to tell me, do you really need that????

Thanks again,

Mindy :)

Going to EAC was the first time I ever was in a suppliers store, I was so excited. I almost went broke. Good thing I had bf with me to tell me, do you really need that????

Thanks again,

Mindy :)

Isn't it fun to actually go to the store instead of just shopping online! You get to do lots of sniffing and see all the different glass. I love going...but yes, I try to bring my DH with all the time because he keeps me grounded.:P