EO in C3

Marie, I am headed in the same direction, but I have no results to report yet. I do not know what percentage of EO is used in paraffin. If you are asking if the "1 oz. per pound" formula holds true for EOs, the answer should be no because EOs are more highly concentrated, but this totally depends on the quality and composition of the EOs you are using. I know others are using C3 and EOs - hopefully they will join in to this discussion. :)

I'm playing in that mix and have found that I need to cure the candles at least a week to get much throw and still it's iffy.

For my lavender-lemongrass-litsea mix I think I went 0.5oz pp and it's nice cold but I haven't burned it yet. My extremely expensive ylang at that level has almost no cold throw at 2 weeks so I'm re-thinking that since I cannot afford to go any higher.

ETA: I very much a candle newbie and am just saying I'm trying this - :)

I tried in the beginning with some EO's that were given to me, but decided it wasn't worth the price. I still use lemongrass, but it's for myself as I can't embrace the selling price I'd have to charge. If you already use them in B & B, you may be able to keep costs down since you'll be buying larger quantities of the oils. I never did get a great HT with them, but good enough for me.