no scent in cp?

PamR

I don't make soap, just buy it for myself. Is it normal for the cp to just smell like--soap? I've tried several different makers & all I smell is the 'lye soap' smell. My grandmother used to make unscented lye soap & these smell like that. There is absolutely no fragrance to them. I love the cp but would like one that had a little fragrance to it. Thanks

PamR

I occasionally I get a scent that doesn't stick or fades and won't sell it at all, those are for my family LOL!! Also, doing candles and soap, I sometimes get bad candle nose and rely on DH to tell me if he can smell it. Hopefully you don't have candle nose and will find some soap where you can smell the scent!! :cool2:

Yep what Chris said......occasionally get a scent that doesn't stick. That goes in the family basket....LOL Recently had one that would knock your socks off it was smelled soooooooo good and soooooo strong.....it was a tester batch that I let sit on the curing rack for 5-6 months. Picked it up one day to sniff and nothing...big disappointment!