Upcoming show

Rockin

Well this could be very interesting. Our next show is a 1 day event the Saturday before Halloween that has apprx 25,000 + attending. Looking at the web site of the event I happened to come across the list of vendors. The list has all of the vendor locations and guess what!!! They have 3 candle booths side by side out of 24 vendors.

I am going to have to compete with 2 ladies. :laugh2:

Ladies any suggestions on how I can beat them at their own game??? I was thinking of dressing up for halloween. Maybe as a tuxedo man. Any suggestions. I know scented will see this and probably laugh.

Rockin

I love you alls imagination. Somehow I think that would scare the customers off with just a bow tie and a .......nevermind...I am not gonna ask what a nevermind is. The mental pic would to be much of a shock.

Me against 2 women...somehow I don't think that is a fair match. They don't stand a chance :D

One thing that comes to my mind is that you should definitely concentrate on really selling your candles. Talk about why your candles rock and don't mention anyone elses candles or wax. If you say well, mine are better than most because of this and that - some shoppers may think you are trying to just sell candles.

I agree though - if you are up against two ladies, you will probably be the most successful. Seems like the soap/candle business is made up mostly of women and when shoppers see something different, they tend to draw themselves to that.

I did a show that had 20 participants. I had my soy candles, there was a lady next to me that was selling Gold Canyon (I think that is the name) and another candle maker that was selling straight paraffin. On the one hand I had better prices than Gold Canyon, but more expensive than the paraffin candlemaker.

Both of them packed up 4 hours into the show because they didn't sell a thing. I sold out that day.

Women are drawn to men! Period!! LOL You will be able to smooze and flirt to your hearts delight and sell like crazy! Good luck you two!

There's no 2 on this one lol. I'm most likely spending the day clear across the state from him working :tongue2: So send good vibes Rockin's way. This won't be the first time he does a show alone. Heck he's a prince at selling.

There's no 2 on this one lol. I'm most likely spending the day clear across the state from him working :tongue2: So send good vibes Rockin's way. This won't be the first time he does a show alone. Heck he's a prince at selling.

Okay, good luck ROCKIN! :P He'll do great!

She's sending you off alone to face 25,000+ peeps! :shocked2: You won't have a problem with your competition especially if you show up in your bow tie and nevermind. :laugh2: Sorry I'm too far away to see that. Hope someone shows up to give you a potty break. Tuxedo man would definitely be a better costume than vampire man. Hope you have a great show.

Yes scented is right on this. I love the selling part. My belief is I have the customers candles and they have my money. Finding a happy medium for both sides can be quite exciting. Sometimes I win and sometimes I don't. My goal is to get them in the tent and to look and sniff and maybe ask questions. If I can do that I have a better than 50/50 chance of helping them go home with a very nice looking and definitely an awesome smelling product. I love putting smiles on happy customer faces. You all hurry back now you hear.

One thing I learned a long time a go is to affirm the positive things about your product and getting the customer excited by creating a sense of urgency. Have I got a deal for you. 10% of something is far better than 100% of nothing. As far as our prices are concerned we have always been in the ball park competitive wise.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will let you know how it all turns out and if I decide to wear that bow tie with a nevermind. :laugh2:

Rockin

• 2 weeks later...

updated information....they have separated the 3 candle booths and now we have some breathing room so to speak... I am getting ready for the long journy in about 5 hr....which is roughly 2 AM ish to leave and to be at the craft site at around 5:30 AM. It is a rough life but you got do what you got to do. Still can't decide if the tuxedo will be the thing or not. I know just like a.........:D .

Hope everybody has a profitable day. Talk in about 24 hrs with the results.

Yes...scented is gonna miss this one.

Rockin