Shannon's Foaming Foot Soak

shannonj

I have gotten rave review for this and I thought I would contribute. Let me know how it works out for you.

footsoak_med.jpg

Foaming Foot Soak

25% Epson Salt

25% Dead Sea Salt

20% Baking Soda

15% SLSA

10% Citric acid

3% Menthol Crystals

1% Spearmint or Peppermint EO

1% Tea Tree EO

Mix everything except the citric, melt the menthol crystals and mix with EOs, then blend with dry ingredients, add citric last.

We are working on a foot care line and that sounds so nice. My hubby is my tester. He stands for many hours at his job and comes home with such aching feet. I have everything to make your foot soak except for the menthol crystals. Is there anything you can think of that I can sub for that? I really really want to try this soak and don't have patience to wait on an order for the crystals. LOL! Thanks a bunch for sharing. Soapymomma

We are working on a foot care line and that sounds so nice. My hubby is my tester. He stands for many hours at his job and comes home with such aching feet. I have everything to make your foot soak except for the menthol crystals. Is there anything you can think of that I can sub for that? I really really want to try this soak and don't have patience to wait on an order for the crystals. LOL! Thanks a bunch for sharing. Soapymomma

How about doing away with the menthol and possibly uping the % on any of the other ingredients. Not sure how it will turn out, but it is worth a try. HTH

the menthol has somewhat 2 purposes. It offers a cooling, tingling sensation. Which I think can be acheived by upping the peppermint EO or adding another warming or tingling EO like cinnamon or spearmint. Maybe some clove or something.

The menthol is a good decongestant too, LOL

• 10 months later...
Lemon mint huh.. Hmmm.. London Lemon Mint Curd Foot Scrub..

(runs to cabinets to see if she has the stuff to blend to see what it's gonna smell like..lol)

ROFL... Let me know girl! I went downstairs myself to get a reminder of what menthol crystals smell like.... WHOOOO they're strong.... I might still try it out anyways, just to see!

Yeah.. they are super strong.. Maybe at 1% instead of 3%. It's awful strong! Not sure about the smell yet, but I but some straight lemon into the crystals to let the fo dissolve the crystals. So far, I'm not liking it, but it may be different when actually used..