Wick/wick pin questions

I'm almost ready to order some supplies after reading for weeks. (I'm the guy that posted, starting again after 20 years.)

You all have been a big help.

To those that use wick pins... when you take the pin out, how do you get the wick thru the hole?

Those that pour wickless... How do you get the wick in and keep it in the center?

I plan on making pillars mostly but my Wife would want to make some container candles. If memory serves, I remember all kinds of wick problems.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Soja

:D

When you use a wick pin, you just pull the wick pin out after it has set up and insert either a tabbed wick or a wick. If you are using a pretabbed wick you will want to dip the bottom of the candle in wax to cover the tab. But if you are using a tabless wick, just use a heating pan to level and intact the wick. HTH Portia

After you take the wick pin out, you need to prime your wick in wax (usually the same wick you used to make the pillar). Wait until the wick hardens and then slide it up though the hole that was made by the pin. You can also prime a bunch of different wicks to have on hand.

what they said about the wick pins...

As for the containers, I use a shishkabob skewer to poke a hole in the candle to the bottom., insert a wick and go. If it doesn't work, I pull it out, let the candle cool, poke a new hole and try again.

Welcome back to the addiction!

And wicks are no problem these days... :D