Website Reviews Needed

Lorrie

I was wondering if you guys would take the time to help me review my website. I had a lady redo it for me so that it looked more professional.

I am going to ask her to try and make sure that the pages actually fit the computer screens so that you don't have to scroll to read what is on the right side.

But I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

www.jandlcreations.com

didn't have time to comb through the site throughly as i am at work, however did notice a few things on the home page. the worde Policies need to have a capitol P to be consistent with the other headings. "We" in the section where you give an overview about the company needs to be lower case. and there is too much spacing between words on the right hand side. other than that, it looks great.

Hi, just looked over the site and the design is very pretty! I noticed you posted something about screen size. I use a 1024x something for my default and smaller screens use 800 x 600, so it might be helpful to tell her to set the site to 800x600, that way if someone is using a bigger screen resolution, they would just see more pink around the sides, intead of having to scroll to read the information. HOpe that makes sense, if you have any questions about it, I design and develop sites, so I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Good Luck and it looks GREAT!

The first thing that captures my attention is that there is way too many words on the front page. If I have to read too many things, I am gone & usually won't give the rest of the site a chance.

Maybe you could make all that information a link?

First link I clicked on was soap because I love pics of soap. You need more pictures of your soaps & if you can, try to take them in front of a lighter background to see the details.

Your site loads up quick (I am on dial up) and the pictures are fast too - good job!

The first thing that captures my attention is that there is way too many words on the front page. If I have to read too many things, I am gone & usually won't give the rest of the site a chance.

Maybe you could make all that information a link?

Try it now. We are trying to get things rearranged alittle bit.
First link I clicked on was soap because I love pics of soap. You need more pictures of your soaps & if you can, try to take them in front of a lighter background to see the details.
I will do that. Thanks
Your site loads up quick (I am on dial up) and the pictures are fast too - good job!
I am glad to hear that.. I am scared that it will take forever and a day to load. I don't want one of those sites where you trying loading the page ~~and in the mean time you wash the laundry, mow the lawn and come in and the dang thing is still loading!

I just did a quick look thru, as I am at work, but I liked the site.. easy to navigate, and it fit my screen just like it should. Pages loaded well too, but I have DSL at work... I will try it from home cause I only have dial up.. which sux... so that will be a true test...lol..

I was looking at your decorative plates. They are something unique that your site offers. I haven't seen anything like them on other sites before. My suggestion would be to also show a picture of the whole plate, and also list dimensions and what the plate is made of. I think you need more of a description, so people know what they are. When you click on the picture for more detail, the inset picture is the same size as the original thumbnail. You probably want that to be a bigger picture. One other thing I noticed is that the word detur is used in your Ragg doll description. I think it is spelled deter. Overall, your site is very pretty and easy to navigate. I really like your logo with the pink roses at the top.

I was looking at your decorative plates. They are something unique that your site offers. I haven't seen anything like them on other sites before. My suggestion would be to also show a picture of the whole plate, and also list dimensions and what the plate is made of. I think you need more of a description, so people know what they are. When you click on the picture for more detail, the inset picture is the same size as the original thumbnail. You probably want that to be a bigger picture.
I will see what I can do about getting a better description. I thought that I had all that one there. I will check into it. Thanks

Now I looked again and I see the description at the top. Duh! Well, I guess that gives you the feedback of the "not very observant" consumer. Maybe you could make the font bold for us dummies:D . Anyway, there's only one 'e' in heavy. I can spell, I just can't read. LOL!

Now I looked again and I see the description at the top. Duh! Well, I guess that gives you the feedback of the "not very observant" consumer. Maybe you could make the font bold for us dummies:D . Anyway, there's only one 'e' in heavy. I can spell, I just can't read. LOL!
No I changed it after your suggestions.. So no you were right it wasn't there the first time.

Ok I have to ask. What all do you want more pictures of? I know that soaps but what else?

The soaps, soy drops, perhaps a full view of the decorative plates. Maybe also show an example of the dyes and oils, jars and lids. It may be just me, but I really like to see what I am buying.

That's great feed back. I sent e-mails to people that have registered on my site asking for feedback. No one has responded. But this is great feedback! Thanks I will get on this and start taking more pictures. Thansk Bev. You are very helpful

Ok guys and gals. The front page of the store is redone. Tell me what you think of it. I will be adding more pictures probably this weekend.

I am going to be adding more pictures of the soaps, a better picture of the votives, More pictures of the plates.

I am going to try and add some pictures of what the bottles of dye look like and a picture of the oils. The only thing is with the oils all you will see if the container for the 16 oz because I use white bottles. Well I guess I could use some of my 2 ounce bottles~~

I will be working on better descriptions on the items so you know what you are getting and what things are for.

Anyone have any other suggestions that I need to look into?

I was also thinking about starting a groug for my customers. This way they can talk and ask questions about products~~What do you think of that idea?

Good job on the lines separating the words on the front page. You singlehandedly are keeping me in by doing just that one little thing! :D

Thanks but I actually am not doing that work. I am doing the descriptions and going to do the adding of the pictures and such.