anyone sells OCM (oil cleansing method)?

cellydaniel

I LOVE using the OCM. Have been for over a year now. My complexion has never been better. Far fewer blemishes and it really,really does wonders for removing blackheads (no nasty picking required, lol).

The key is a steam to open the pores & massaging the oil in. Working out the %'s of each oil to use & which ones is the trick. May take a few times to find a good mixture for your skin type.

As I understand it the Castor is the oil that 'draws' the impurities from the skin. And based on my 1st time making it with about 80% castor I'd say that is pretty accurate, lol. (picture ANY Looney Tunes cartoon in which they ingested alum!!).

The oil mix I prefer for my skintype is 50% castor, 30% grapeseed oil & 20% rosehip. This combination melts any & all makeup right off, really pulls the ycks out & doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight afterward.

Which oils work best for this???

I've been reading about this and it sounds very interesting! How exactly do you use it? I would like to make some and try it out..

Do you just massage it into you face and wipe off with a warm cloth? Are you adding a preservative to it just in case water is introducted into the bottle? TIA for your help! :smiley2:

Sharon

Can only speak for how I package. Which is in a squeezie type bottle so no water does get in.

The key is steaming the pores open to allow the oils to 'pull' em out.

I 1st massage on a dime-sized amount to remove makeup (melts EVERYTHING right off!). Swipe off with a washcloth. I then run the hot water in the sink. Run my wash cloth under the hot water, wring then hold it up to my face to steam. I massage in about a quarter-sized amount of oil using small circular motions. You may begin to feel what you may think is a grain of sand here & there. That would be the plugs coming out. You'll want to massage at least 2 minutes.

When you're done make the tap water as hot as you can tolerate w/o burning yourself, wring it well then wipe off the oil.

Your face will be clean, not oily feeling at all.

It's wonderful - especially in the winter when the hot cloth steaming feels good. I sell it in one ounce bottles with a dropper, so no water ever gets into it - I don't add preservative. I think mine is 50% castor as well - I know I dropped the % down to make my face feel less tight. Might be 60%.

I'm just a weirdo. Castor never worked for me.... just sat on my skin and did nothing, even when blended with "lighter" oils. I was sooo disappointed because I wanted it to work.

Recently I made up a new blend with hazelnut oil, grapeseed oil, rosewood essential oil, a little bit of neem and a drop or two of tea tree. This blend is working much, much better and still busts that makeup off. Then again my face produces oil like I'm trying to supplement the national petroleum industry, so those drying, astringent oils are perfect for me.

Just wanted to point out that while the "traditional" blend of castor + something else works for quite a few, there are some people who require something a little different.