Fuel Cells: Thanks Stella and Pam

Donita

Thanks to both of you. I ordered a case of the 12 hour fuel cells and burned one in a 4" hurricane for 12 hours and the wax didn't even get warm. The only hot spot is the metal around the wick. They were used for the first time in the restaurant last night and were perfect. I am sooooooooooooo happy to find about these. I will never use tea lights or votives in my canes again. Here are some pictures of the half beeswax and half paraffin canes that I finished yesterday. Donita

Here is a link to more photos.

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/donitalouise/Fiamma%20Candles/

post-248-139458435049_thumb.jpg

I'm happy that this worked out for you. The cost of the fuel cells is so minimal compared to all the time and talent that you put into your products.

The fuel cells did the trick for us and with customer safety being the primary concern, we're now comfortable with long burns as is the city fire marshall.

I just wish my boss would let me make some pretty canes - he wants only plain ones cause he says the decorated ones are to feminine..what a jerk!!!!

Donita, all those canes look beautiful as always. Using them with fuel cells in a restaurant is a brill idea. To be honest, never heard of the things! Are they delivered already filled with fuel, or can you put your own oil in? Thanks.

you can get them both ways - already filled & disposable and there are some you can buy that you can refill.

As far as I am concerned these are the greatest things since sliced bread. (smile).....They are safe and non flammable. The wax around the cell does not get hot.....does not get hot.....get that everyone. We now have a solution to hurricanes and orbs melting......or in this case NOT MELTING. They cost more that a tealight, but not more that a votive in a votive GLASS that gets HOT. I am so happy that Pam and Stella brought this to "light". (no pun intended) My life will be so much easier now. The ones that I just bought have a plastic cap over the wick. I just popped it off with a table knife and lit the thing. Put in in a 4" hurricane and burned it all day (12) hours and the only place it got hot was the little metal cap holding the wick. That is where it heat is. The whole thing doesn't get hot.....all the way to the very bottom of the last bit of oil so the cell doesn't need any type of protective pad under it.

I am looking at the other company and they have some pretty good prices for even larger ones. There are many choices Of course I don't want huge ones in a 4" candle because there is some heat from the metal cap. But I don't care. These 12 hour cells burn as long as a votive. I can go up to a 36 hour cell and that will save some $$$$$$$. Donita

Those are great! I'm going to order the 17hr. burn ones, I think. They are 1 1/2" x 2". I think that is a good size for the 5" canes and gives the customer plenty of burn time, since they won't burn them for hours at a time. Agree? Any other suggestions?

Those canes are GORGEOUS!

And the fuel cell is an awesome idea! Love it. It looks to me like the fuel is paraffin oil, the same kind of stuff they use for all the pretty little oil lamps. I could be wrong about that but I love the idea and all your beautiful creations.

I am so happy those worked out for you, Donita. Especially nice to know that they do not get so warm as tealights. I am trying different light sources for my 'canes - tea lights work, LED lights work and now the fuel cells work. So nice to have different choices for different applications! :D

Thanks so much for sharing your results with us! :)

Is there anyway or anywhere you can get them scented, I wonder? Not for restaurant use, but say for seashell lumies. Or for home use. That would be nice also. I ordered some last night, can't wait to get them!

I just found this information from Bright Settings. Dee....I guess you can buy ones that can be refilled and you could scent them. I haven't explored that yet. Donita

here is the info:

8 Hour Disposable Fuel CellSpecifications:

Disposable cells require no maintenance or adjustments. The fuel is classified as not toxic and non-flammable. It is in the same non-flammable category as vegetable oil: NFPA Class IIIB combustiable liquid. D.O.T. regulations rate it non-hazardous. It is safe to use on the tabletop and there are no shipping restrictions, storage limitations, or insurance worries. Burns cleaner than solid wax candles. non-staining. No melted wax mess.

Height*: 13/16"Diameter: 1 31/32"Weight: Case is 6.3 lb. *Height measurement does not include burner assembly