C3?? Can you use this wax to...

make tarts?? or does it have to just be to do containers?

I got it as the "freebie" sample bag of soy flakes from Filmore and I have NEVER Ever used soy before so I wanted to ask this before I mess it up~:wink2:

I am dying to try it so any help from all you wonderful Experts would be greatly appreciated!!

Also.. Im quickly approaching my "anniversary" date here to come off my probation period ~ SUNDAY!!!! YEAH!!!! :D I can play in all the fun activities on the board and get to post pix of my candle "wall of shame" that I have so far~haahhaa:tongue2:

Anyhoo.. thanks in advance for any suggestions on usages on the C3 wax!!

~Jenni~

I made tatrs in a silicone mini muffin pan and they pop right out. They don't seem too soft with the C-3. I wrap them individually in small bags and label them with scent name. I will be selling these at my craft fair, do you think 2 for $1 is an OK price?:D

I made tatrs in a silicone mini muffin pan and they pop right out. They don't seem too soft with the C-3. I wrap them individually in small bags and label them with scent name. I will be selling these at my craft fair, do you think 2 for $1 is an OK price?:D

Add 1/3- 1/2 of the votive V wax to the C-3 I think it's call V-1. I make clamshells too and the c-3 alone is a mess! Customers will complain when they don't pop right out of the clamshell. Add the V-1 to the mix then pour into clamshells.

I learned this when I got into a tart swap when I first made clams. V-1 made all the differance!

Fire

Well ok.. I made these with the C3 and done them in ice cube trays and they turned out GREAT!!! I took fingertip and rubbed a THIN line of vaseline inside each cube before pouring filled it up to the top and let set up and popped in freezer for about 10 minutes or so and they popped right out.. no crackes, no frosted tops, they looked BEAUTIFUL~ and burned nicely too.. I was just excited.. and thought I would post the results! :)

I usually use either votive wax or a combo of C3 and pillar wax (much more C3) but I tried straight C3 the other night when I had a little wax left over and filled a clamshell, they popped out just fine and didn't feel tacky or too soft. My house temp may have something to do with it because I don't have a/c and during the summer when I tried this, they were messy. I think I'll keep adding the pillar wax just to be safe in selling and shipping.

yeah now in HOT summer temps it may make alot of difference...right now in TN is not too bad.. finally have FALL like temps like suppose to be~lol.. summers too HOT to do straight and may be messy Im sure.. but for winter time coming on.. it will be fun to use up the free sample flakes on to see what I can come up with~haha

Thanks for all the advice that come to my rescue from everyone here!! you all are just awesome!!