Do Right Soap Mold

8-GRAN-ONES

I have 6 of them 3-4# and 2-4# and a 3 in 1

and I don't need to line any of them.

The only time I line these or any mold is when I want to get it out of the mold in a hurry to do more soaps, then I can lift out the liner in an hour and it will continue to cure in the liner. But I don't Gel so

I have 2 which I bought when I was only doing MP, so they are pretty old and seasoned now.

I didn't line them, but what I DID have to do was wrap the very bottom piece in saran wrap before it was put together to keep it from leaking.

They are a bit warped now so I really don't use them any more.

My big one is ok, the smaller one I think I tightened to much and it kinda bows on one side. :undecided

He told me that if you should do that and they warp, to soap it in very very hot water, then lay it down on a flat surface while it is still hot and put something heavy on it. And if that didn't work, to soak it again and assemble it, it usually helps he says

He also said it is best to re-assemble them after cleaning them, to help keep their natural shape and store them upside down

I suppose it depends on your recipe and technique. Sometimes it works well without a liner, probably with hard recipes and water discounts in particular. Personally I was having batches that really didn't want to come out of the mold cleanly and it was annoying. I line my Do Right every time now. It's a pita up front but guarantees happiness at demolding time. You might just have to see what works for you.

Top you are probably right, I do have one recipe that I don't discount water and it has to sit 2-3 days in mold before I can pop it.

So I do make a liner for when I do that recipe, which isn't to often.

BUT, before I poured soap into the liner, I messed with it a long time and got it to fit perfectly, then I took it out, traced it on cardboard, cut out the cardboard and now I have a template so I don't have to pull my hair out and try to avoid making that recipe anymore.

Sometimes, when I have free time (haha) I sit and watch tv and just cut a bunch of freezer paper from the roll, sit and trace and cut out while I am watching the idiot tube. Then I have a bunch done.

I suppose it depends on your recipe and technique. Sometimes it works well without a liner, probably with hard recipes and water discounts in particular. Personally I was having batches that really didn't want to come out of the mold cleanly and it was annoying. I line my Do Right every time now. It's a pita up front but guarantees happiness at demolding time. You might just have to see what works for you.