What to do??

mysticglow

I have my business name and I have had my business license for about a year. I did a search to see if my name was being used, it was not that I could find. My sis calls today to tell me that my website looks good! Ummm, what website??? I don't have it ready yet. Well, guess what? There is a business with MY name and they have a website with my name. Now what do I do? I am so upset right now. I don't want my customers to think it's me or that I am them. Nothing against their company but you know what I mean, right? This is just soooo frustrating. I spent a LOT of time trying to name my biz. Trying to find a name that wasn't already in use. What should I do? Change my biz name? Carry on as I am and deal with it later if it becomes an issue?

Come on all you experts PLEASE help me out here. Any advice to offer to me?:cry2:

Not a lot of help here...but I sympathize. The day I finally decided to register my domain, someone else took it. They still don't have a website up, so I don't know what that was all about.

Anyway, where are they? Anywhere near you? And is there another name you could go with for your website? Like adding "online" or hyphenating?

I know in KY I have the rights to my name but not federally.

If you don't want to change your name, don't, but it might get confusing for your customers...just make sure they know YOUR website name. And whatever you decide, register the name now!

Thanks Georgia

My domain name is registered. It has been for several months but I don't have it up and running yet. This company has the same name with 'candles' added to the end. Not sure how long they have been in business or even where they are located. It does not say on the site. I am registered in my state but that's it. :cry2:

That's frustrating! Someone bought the domain with my business name RIGHT after I applied for my business license. It was within the week. I was so ticked, but I added a hyphen and all is good...

However, your situation is a little different since you already have the domain registered, just that someone has the same name with candles added on. I'm not sure what to suggest, except keep what you have!

I admit, I'm curious...what's your business name? You can PM me, I'd like to check out that other website! LOL

Put your website up asap and put your domain name on everything. On your website put phrases like "The original MysticGlow" or "The Real" Mystic Glow. Do not mention the oher site but play along with "Often Imitated never duplicated" anyone that has seen the other site will get it anyone who hasnt wont. Put a page on your domain even if it is just a info on a home page write it well and optimize it for search engines and submit it. They are number 8 on google now with the term mystic glow with the other 7 not being that relevant. So you should be able to climb right to the top. It may also help to purchase an keyword mystic glow since nothing turns up so it will be very cheap. this way you will be roght up top till you get there on your own. Dont buy anything till you have the full site up though.

Put your website up asap and put your domain name on everything. On your website put phrases like "The original MysticGlow" or "The Real" Mystic Glow. Do not mention the oher site but play along with "Often Imitated never duplicated" anyone that has seen the other site will get it anyone who hasnt wont. Put a page on your domain even if it is just a info on a home page write it well and optimize it for search engines and submit it. They are number 8 on google now with the term mystic glow with the other 7 not being that relevant. So you should be able to climb right to the top. It may also help to purchase an keyword mystic glow since nothing turns up so it will be very cheap. this way you will be roght up top till you get there on your own. Dont buy anything till you have the full site up though.

I have no idea how to do any of this! :embarasse

I bought the domain name because I wanted it to be mine for when I did get a website designed. However, because I work one full time job and one part time job and the candle biz, I have not had the time to do my homework "website design for dummies" so getting it up ASAP might be a bit difficult. I will get busy ASAP and try to figure it outthough. I am just very stressed out about this whole thing. Thanks for the advice. I truely appreciate it. Judy

Hey, if you need some help getting something up there really quick I can help you out. If you will write it I can get it up with some great graphics in about a day, that's just a one page deal, the info page referred to.

I'll work it out in a small trade if you want. :)

Also, if you'd like to see my work you can go to www.saulsnet.com .. check out all the links because the one for my design stuff is up but the links aren't working, I just switched it all over.

HOpe this helps and GOOD LUCk, that really sucks that someone up and swiped your name like that. :sad2: