4794 votive users with 36 zinc wick

klo

From most of the post, I see this is the most popular combination. Are you getting a nice flame throughout the entire burn? I am testing with a 3 hour burn time in a tight fitting container. I have tested about 20 FO's and find that on the second burn and sometimes the 3rd, the flame is weak, if I wick up to a 44, its just too much, consumption rate is high. I find that the last burn is usually good (on the 36)and I am also finding that trimming the wick is not a good idea, that the long wick helps with the flame. Anyone else experience this? Also, are you using 1 ounce of FO most of the time? I am thinking the wick is drowning because of the % and flaming on the 44 . I like the 36, it leave little to no black on the glass.

thanks you 4794 users for any suggestions/comments

I have to agree with Scented. I have no problems using the 36z'a in my votives. I too mostly use 1oz FO pp of wax. I definatly think you need to trim your wicks, maybe you were trimming them just a little too short and that was causing your 2nd burn small flame. I find I need to use a 44z with some scents and also if I go really dark with a color. HTH:)