ez wick & bow tie

i am going to order one or the other tonight but having a hard time deciding because the ez wick looks technical which i am not and the bow tie looks simple as can be. the cost is secondary, i am looking for the easiest and most accurate and looking to the experts and more experienced users HHHEEELPPPP and thanks, i so enjoy being part of this experience and cant wait till i can give some good advice out to a novice !!!!!!!

:smiley2:

wow... this must be a really difficult decision for you, as this is your fourth post on it.

The EZ wick setter is to center your wick in the jar. The bowtie centers it AFTER your wax is poured. Therefore, BOTH are necessary IMHO.

The EZ wick setter is to center your wick in the jar. The bowtie centers it AFTER your wax is poured. Therefore, BOTH are necessary IMHO.

I'm with Tereasa on this one. Having the tab centered and glued down is good, but keeping the wick itself upright and centered during the pouring and cooling process is just as important.

i thank both you ladies for your response and i willmake sure i dont repeat my questions and i apologize to you terease for my ignorance and my lack of computer savy and familiarity to using these type of web sites and i am sorry i dont have the expertise that you may possess in directing and posting my questions and i also thank you for bringing that to my attention and everyone who may have observed my entries, way to go tereasa and perhaps it was not your intent but you for 1 second made me feel stupid and it has only reinforced my tolerance of others who may be less verse in certain venues than myself and how i will be humble of that and their feelings

you shouldn't take it personally... I am abrasive to just as many people as I'm nice too. All things in life balance. I know my limitations and therefore never aspire to be the pillar of any community. Too many obligations and various other menial things to uphold, for me at least, when living beyond reproach.

Hearts of Soy, you may not even need the bow ties...a very inexpensive way to center your wicks during the pour is to use a clothespin across the top of the jar (depending on the size of the opening). As for the ez-wick setter it was one of the best purchases I ever made when I started making candles.

When I first joined this board I asked so many questions about candle making and still do. It was the first forum I'd ever joined and I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't even know there was a search feature. I was lucky to have some very nice people answer my questions, help me through and quide me to the links to find more information and advice.

If you will look to the left of this page you will find links to basic instructions, general info, techs and ideas etc...near the top of the page you will also find a search feature and can enter keywords that pertain to your questions. The info here is bottomless...don't let the 'mean girls' scare you away!

Michi

I thank you for your support and being 50 and widowed at a young age thought i had heard it all......beyond reproach??? and i am so relieved to know one believes their personality is so balanced and know I realize specifically why she declines accepting e mail which is in fairness her choice and I will end it at that. So Michi may I ask what is your forte and what type of candlemaking do you do? I virtually was a Yankee Candle lover and only Yankee candle until I was introduced to soy. I have been pouring for 6 months and have so much to still learn and get so much pleasure when i produce a good batch. I also decorate and personalize containers to ones character, likings and personality..Ex: just did centerpieces for baby shower and to see peoples reaction and joy on their faces makes it all worth it and the pleasure it may give someone who otherwise may not be given the recognition they deserve ex:the elderly as a birthday gift with awesome susan branch birth day stickers.. a candle is a gift with many underlying powers. I also do card making which i have been doing forever, thats me and what about you? what floats your boat???

Guest Candelishis
... I am abrasive to just as many people as I'm nice too. All things in life balance. I know my limitations and therefore never aspire to be the pillar of any community. Too many obligations and various other menial things to uphold, for me at least, when living beyond reproach.

You crack me up :laugh2: :laugh2:

you shouldn't take it personally... I am abrasive to just as many people as I'm nice too. All things in life balance. I know my limitations and therefore never aspire to be the pillar of any community. Too many obligations and various other menial things to uphold, for me at least, when living beyond reproach.

GOTTA love it!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Ok I may be confused (and too lazy at the moment to run down stairs and look) But isn't there a EZ Wick Setter and then the EZ Wicks that are the plastic wick holders that go over the jars? I use the plastic ones and hold the wick straight with a binder clip. So in that case I would recommend the plastic wick holders over the bow tie. I have the bow tie also but really prefer the plastic. And yes there is an EZ Wick setter also....which I also use. So not sure if that was what you were talking about instead of the setter.

Michi

I thank you for your support and being 50 and widowed at a young age thought i had heard it all......beyond reproach??? and i am so relieved to know one believes their personality is so balanced and know I realize specifically why she declines accepting e mail which is in fairness her choice and I will end it at that. So Michi may I ask what is your forte and what type of candlemaking do you do? I virtually was a Yankee Candle lover and only Yankee candle until I was introduced to soy. I have been pouring for 6 months and have so much to still learn and get so much pleasure when i produce a good batch. I also decorate and personalize containers to ones character, likings and personality..Ex: just did centerpieces for baby shower and to see peoples reaction and joy on their faces makes it all worth it and the pleasure it may give someone who otherwise may not be given the recognition they deserve ex:the elderly as a birthday gift with awesome susan branch birth day stickers.. a candle is a gift with many underlying powers. I also do card making which i have been doing forever, thats me and what about you? what floats your boat???

I make candles (paraffin blend) and soap and B&B items, and and and... LOL

I started out just wanting a strong smelling candle that actually burned correctly and it's taken off from there. LOL

I also make handpainted candle containers (tins and pots)-you can check 'em out in the crafty section. ;)

Would love to see some of your work, we have the candle gallery to post pics. plus any other craft you've done can be posted in that crafty section.

Glad to have ya here.

Oh and FYI, I use wooden skewers with rubberbands at each end to hold my wicks in place. Cheap and works like a charm. :)