A random side effect from not dying my candles...

I can't remember which are which. :o

You'd think it would be easy, but apparently, I'm having a bit o' the candle nose. I'm a madwoman, trying to decipher the scents...

Is this Chai Tea or Three Magi? Or could it possibly be Christmas Splendor? Argh - Flowering Dogwood or Lilies of the Valley?

Learnt me a thang or two today, I tell you what. :mad:

And just a couple flagrant non sequiturs:

:feliz: :cakegirl:

Ditto here, I haven't smelled a thing for two weeks.

If I stick one more candle under my husband's nose.....he's gonna start thinking his name is 'here, smell this'!

I put a piece of masking tape going lengthwise down the jars using a marker pen. It makes it much easier to do side-by-side comparisons, and I'm not having to constantly check lengthy notes. I put all pertinent information: i.e., fragrance, wick, and dye info. I also notch each time I relight the test candle to keep a visual account of how much wax burns - noting the hours of each burn test, or what time I stopped and started. The tape can be removed and reapplied to see all sides, and all of the info can be transferred to permanent notes. When all is well, remove the tapes.

Anything to make things easier, I don't need any more confusion.

As someone who's offered dye free candles for years, do yourself a favor and invest in a dry erase marker. I came up with an abbreviation list for all my scents and write the abbrev. on each jar. Don't wipe the marker off until you're ready to label.. works like a charm!

It is amazing the effect color has on your ability to recognize fragrance.

For votives.. can't really do that. I buy butcher paper (inexpensive) and lay it out, setting my molds on it. If I have 6 that are cinnamon stick and 12 vanilla, I line them up, then using a marker, draw a line from the first mold to the 6th in that line, marking with the scent abbrev. CS .. then draw a line from the first to the 12th mold for V

Did you ever get what I sent you or have a chance to try it yet?

Hi Prairie Dweller,

I was just wondering, when you give, or sell, your candles, does anyone ask why they are all white (ish)?

I actually like the non-colored candles. White goes with everythig!

No worries about picking a candle to match a room.

I am seriously considering it, but the average person/consumer is pre-conditioned to seeing colored candles.

thanks

I've been through it all with color (or not). My website is nearing 6 yrs old. During the first 2 yrs, I offered color only. I then decided to offer the option of dye-free just as an added something no one else was doing.

They went over very, very well. So well, when I finally had it with coloring/frosting and all that, I went to dye free only for about a yr. Now I offer the option again. In the past, dye free was chosen about 70% of the time. This time around, it's chosen about 40% of the time.

My nose is gone...and if I wait just one day I forget what scent it is..

I always set the bottle of F/o beside the candles that I have just poured, then make my labels, when they are set and cleaned up....I hurry up and cap them....that is the only way I can remember...

I have a few "mystery candles" out in my garage right now...:laugh2:

If I stick one more candle under my husband's nose.....he's gonna start thinking his name is 'here, smell this'!

:laugh2:I'm sure he'd prefer that to being called late for dinner. :D

LOVE your suggestion about the tape. Good one!!!!