Clamshells & static

Sally

I'm having difficulty cleaning those awkward little bits of dust that cling to my clamshells due to static.

Every one has to be cleaned & I won't pour the wax in til they are dust free, or so I hope.

Does anyone have any tips they may care to share?

Sally.

I haven't tried this since I don't use the clamshells yet... but as I read your post an idea hit me... what if you just rub them down with an anti static dryer sheet? Or rub a basting type brush down with a dryer sheet, and then use it to dust out the clamshells. I know they also sell a spray that is supposed to relase wrinkles. I'm not sure what kind of residue this would leave or even if you then wiped them down after spraying to fix that problem, if it would be worth your time or effort. But I would think a dryer sheet would at least help. What if, lol.... you put a batch of say 20 or so at a time (clamshells that is) in the dryer, opened up, set on 'cool' /gentle and let them tumble with a dryer sheet for about 5 mins? Yeah, I know... sounds crazy :P and maybe I am. But you'd be amazed where creative thinking will get ya when you have a big job to do!