Not sure if this is the right area

After making some candles the fun part begins right!!!

I am trying to find out if there is any fo's with these scents

• clove
  • fir
  • coriander
  • lotus
  • vervain

In candles besides Huricane lamps can you add leaves to the wax on the outer side of the mold?

The scent finder is awesome.

As far as putting leaves in a candle..sure it can be done.

If i were going to do that I would make a core candle (a smaller candle wicked for the size of the smaller candle) and the use the leaves on the out shell of the candle. That way you would run less risk of the leaves catching fire because the flame should only be big/hot enough to melt the wax of the core candle. You would also have a shell left with the leaves in it. You would then stick a tea lite in it and still have a beautiful leafy candle.

Hope that helps! :D

ok I am not sure that I really typed this out correctly..let me add

I would use maybe a 2 inch diameter candle for the core candle leaving the wick a bit longer so that it could be place in a larger mold maybe a 4 inch diameter and I would put the leaves on the outer part of the larger mold

does that make sense?

When I first started out, I had this nifty idea for pillars with real dried fruit and potpourri in the outer layer. I made 3 inch "core candles", then placed them in 4" molds. I put the dried fruit and potpourri in the well, then filled the well in with hurricane wax with micro crytals added in.

Those suckers were simply gorgeous until the fruit and potpourri went up in flames! :eek: Needless to say, the flaming fruit and flaming potpourri candles did not become a part of my line.

Better learn how to make hurricanes! :)

e

SO from a saftey stand point it is better to make the leaves from wax and make a purty metal holder with the dried leaves :)

That would be a great idea!

E, still chuckling at the mental image of your gorgeous candle in flames... :D

Well my first candle was a gourgeous disater it imploded and shoot flame real cool FX candle sucked for purty

it burnt for 3 hours before that happened

second set burnt 6 hours and was completely spent to the tab no blow outs or re-lights I was impressed

first batch had vybarr second did not

E, still chuckling at the mental image of your gorgeous candle in flames... :D

Trish, they were stunning . Even bought a dehydrator (that I later sold on ebay) and dried the fruit myself. Oranges, apples, lemons and limes. Made the core candles in colors with FO. Those candles put the adage "never leave a burning candle unattended" to the full test ROFL. Hey, that's the way we learn, by trying things. :) I still try things..... :rolleyes:

e

Hey, that's the way we learn, by trying things. :) I still try things..... :rolleyes:

e

Are you still catching things on fire? ROFL

Did you by chance take a picture of that BEFORE you burned it? I would love to see it.

Well my first candle was a gourgeous disater it imploded and shoot flame real cool FX candle sucked for purty

it burnt for 3 hours before that happened

second set burnt 6 hours and was completely spent to the tab no blow outs or re-lights I was impressed

first batch had vybarr second did not

What kind and size were those candles? That's not a very long burn.

e