Best place to buy 8oz sq mason jars

Glassware is heavy and expensive to ship, especially if you live any distance from the supplier. Check with local suppliers like WalMart, local grocery stores, feed & seed stores, restaurant supply companies. If you are going to need lots of them, you might can negotiate with one of the above to buy in large quantities for a lesser cost.

I buy 8 oz. square mason jars from Wholesale Supplies Plus. The jars are reasonably priced at under $6.00 a dozen. Lids are separate - under $3.00 a dozen. I'm sure you need more than a dozen but it gives you an idea. I find their shipping prices to be reasonable also. They are in Ohio and I am in western Illinois, almost to Iowa. Check 'em out.

HTH

I generall use candelina jars but since I am in TN, there are those who prefer the mason jar look. Candle Science as the most reasonable shipping and price for me. I found there was only a $2 shipping difference in ordering 8 cases vs. 5 BUT it jumped $10 on shipping to go to 9 cases. Playing with the shipping calculator can give you an idea of the best quantity to order for your $.

The 8 oz platinum jars at walmart are too squatty for a good candle but they make great wickless candles. I have used the 16 oz platinums and keep a supply of those for the clients I have who prefer a 16 oz candle.

Is there an 8 oz square mason that has smooth sides? I really hate using mason jars just because of the lettering in the glass. I think the smooth sides provides a sleeker, classier look to a candle.

Okay before I get any more private messages, I am so so sorry :o, What I thought said handling charge ACTUALLY was my shipping charge, I am so sorry about that :o I feel like a ditz, not even sure how I could have confused the two!!!!! I sure hope candle science will forgive me!

BTW there shipping charges are GREAT!

The best thing to do is call candle science or fillmore or whoever you are going to order from and find out what number of cases goes in a box. The reason for the different shipping charges for just a few cases is if you have to have another box. The shipping charges go up for each box that gets shipped. In other words if 8 cases fits into 1 box and you order 10 cases then they need two boxes so shipping goes up.

I hope that made since....

tootie

I generall use candelina jars but since I am in TN, there are those who prefer the mason jar look. Candle Science as the most reasonable shipping and price for me. I found there was only a $2 shipping difference in ordering 8 cases vs. 5 BUT it jumped $10 on shipping to go to 9 cases. Playing with the shipping calculator can give you an idea of the best quantity to order for your $.

The 8 oz platinum jars at walmart are too squatty for a good candle but they make great wickless candles. I have used the 16 oz platinums and keep a supply of those for the clients I have who prefer a 16 oz candle.

Is there an 8 oz square mason that has smooth sides? I really hate using mason jars just because of the lettering in the glass. I think the smooth sides provides a sleeker, classier look to a candle.

Jami, here is a supplier that carries smooth sided squar masons...they are really cute. Scroll to bottom:

http://www.wixnwax.com/products/candle-supplies/candle-jars/z40

I buy mine at wal mart and they are only like $7.something with lids and no shipping. and thats for a dozen:rockon: :rockon:

You should be so lucky. The stupid wal-mart here didn't even have the regular half pint jars. Just the real fancy ones. I hate this wal-mart:angry2: .