Pic of loofah molds per Michi request

elle110

These are just 1" cuts of a pvc (well one is a little bigger) but you get the picture, I cap each one, sprinkle in some additives add the loofah (about 3/4 of an inch because these bad boys can get way to big if you cut the loofah to big), pour the soap then add more goodies. I add the pumice to the soap base but the poppy seeds, mango butter and oats to each on individually to give my own look to each one. They weigh about 6 oz when done

Please forgive how messy they are, just got done making a batch of them and have not gotten around to cleaning up my mess

HTH

Elle

[ATTACH]2115[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2116[/ATTACH]

post-163-139458382542_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458382543_thumb.jpg

Michelle, do you have a pic of your caps. I know the end caps I have are rounded on the top. Are yours flat? TIA

Sherie,

I just usually cap with soap, another person I showed how to do these caps with saran wrap, I lay mine on thick paper I have pour a little soap in to seal then do the rest when it hardens. Make sure you don't go pushing the loofah down hard when you put it in, I popped a cap once and then made several disasters happen at once.

elle

I figured that must be what you were talking about but just wasn't sure. ;) I too couldn't figure out about "capping off" the one end, but that makes sense, to put just a tad of soap in the bottom to do so. :)

Thanks for posting the pics. for me. :D

I'm gonna get some PVC AND some Pine, and Hubby is going to be quite busy making ME some molds and soap decks. LOL :tongue2:

elle110, where do you get the lufa? I grew them one year and that was really neat. But never got the cleaning down pat so haven't grown any more. Still have seeds in the freezer so might try again, it was an amasing sight.

WHAT!! I didn't know you could grow them how C:cool2: :cool2:L. How do you do that, you really have my interest now!!

elle110, where do you get the lufa? I grew them one year and that was really neat. But never got the cleaning down pat so haven't grown any more. Still have seeds in the freezer so might try again, it was an amasing sight.

I buy the 5" loofahs at WSP and cut them down, I am sereiously considering growing them next year. They do have some seeds in them when I get them for the supplier, so they are not completely clean.

They are very interesting plants, a lot of my customers were under the impression they were a marine animal, I guess had confused with sponge, some people it takes awhile to convince they are not animal origin LOL

elle

• 2 weeks later...

MaryAnn, check out this site. I didn't know you could grow them either, said the same thing. WHAT??? Then I had to grow some, find out all I could, ordered some seed from the internet. These things grew over a foot a day, lots of big long cucumber type loofa's hanging all over. If only I could find a good way to clean and dry them. The info was not clear and I think I bleached too much.

http://www.luffa.info/

Thanks for the info Sharon, that is so amazing ..that its part of the veggie world!! I must admit Elle I thought they were marine derived too :embarasse - now I know better. Once or if I ever get my life under control, stop testing so many new products I'd luv to try growing some. Sounds like FL would be a good place to grow them.