Cream Soap turned out a - ok!

I cooked this soap for a very long time. I thought I was going to have to trash it because it totally reacted differently than all the other batches I have made. But this is by far the creamiest best I have made yet!

It whipped up to 4 oz from a 1" ball of the stuff and 3 tablespoons of water. First it turned into a cup full of bubbles and then I let it sit thinking I had watered it down too much. 3 hours later I whipped it again and got this, and its pretty firm:

Picture sucks, I was holind my wiggling 2 year old son

100_0506.jpg

I have this made from scratch and I also just put 5 pounds of the FBB that I get from Soaper Supplies for sale in the classies. I bought that thinking this batch was outta luck and really don't need it.

Waiting on my new packaging to arrive from SKS and then I will be putting some of the made from scratch FBB on my Etsy shop. Won't be done rotting for another 3 weeks thoughso I'll let you know once it is "cured.":D

Looks GREAT!! I wish I had that luck, I've found for me that adding the liquid after the cook doesn't work as well as adding it upfront. The person(s) I was learning from added less than what the calc would call for. I now add what the calc calls for and its perfect for me. I like it creamy, I know others like it stiff.

Beautiful coloring in the pic and the scrub sounds wonderful. Do you add anything to the CS to get it to foam more for your scrub? I made a few tester scrubs and the feedback was that it didn't foam/suds enough.

No, I did not add anything. Yeah, it did not foam as much, more like I was rubbing a gritty thick cream on, but for me I like it that way. I don't market foaming sugar scrub though, just the emulsified sugar scrubs...although I would like to one day. But I think the manufactured FBB would do best for that.