I made coffee soap-OUCHIE!!

Michi

Ok, I took some ground hazelnut cream (the only kind of coffee I buy) coffee grounds (they are ground pretty fine with the machine at the grocery store, I think it's one above the super fine)......

OMG this stuff will rub your skin off I tell ya!! :eek: and double :eek: I guess I may have put too much in, but they HURT!! I think I put 1/4 c. per pound, but I'm thinking even an 1/8 c. would be too much, b/c the grounds are just waaaay too scratchy!

I really wanted to make a coffee soap-you know a wake me up soap-cuz I'm a die hard coffee drinker and know a lot of others that are as well. :D

Anyway, I know tha MichelleinOH said that she has made some with coffee grounds, and I KNOW that some others may have also (Sharon-Miss Experimenter have YOU???? ;) ) so I'm looking for some advice on doing this in a SAFER way, I mean I don't want people coming back to me telling me this stuff scrubbed their skin right off! LOL

Ok, I took some ground hazelnut cream (the only kind of coffee I buy) coffee grounds (they are ground pretty fine with the machine at the grocery store, I think it's one above the super fine)......

OMG this stuff will rub your skin off I tell ya!! :eek: and double :eek: I guess I may have put too much in, but they HURT!! I think I put 1/4 c. per pound, but I'm thinking even an 1/8 c. would be too much, b/c the grounds are just waaaay too scratchy!

I really wanted to make a coffee soap-you know a wake me up soap-cuz I'm a die hard coffee drinker and know a lot of others that are as well. :D

Anyway, I know tha MichelleinOH said that she has made some with coffee grounds, and I KNOW that some others may have also (Sharon-Miss Experimenter have YOU???? ;) ) so I'm looking for some advice on doing this in a SAFER way, I mean I don't want people coming back to me telling me this stuff scrubbed their skin right off! LOL

Would you believe that's the one thing I haven't tried yet! LMAO! I really do want to try it though..I wonder if using a lesser amount would work better? I also wonder if they could be soaked a teeny bit first? You know the difference between coffee dry and coffee in your filter after you've made a pot of it?? I don't know if that would be too much or if it's a stupid idea. But guess what>? I am TOTALLY curious now! Guess I'll have to try!!

Yup, a tablespoon, if that, ppo will do quite nicely :) I use fresh grounds - in my soap using used wet grounds left a funky look.

It's really easy to overboard on the scrubbies - you want it to look nice, but not rip your skin off.

I wish I had a pic of the first oatmeal soap I did. Now *that* hurt! But it looked really cool :)

I make a kitchen soap with coffee grounds. I use used grounds but let them dry out for a couple of days. I have done it with fresh ground coffee and dried out used coffee.... I like it better with used because it doesn't turn your soap into such a dark brown color.

I use just a couple of teaspoons in a 6# batch.

Anytime I add exfoliants such as coffee, oats or poppy seeds etc I only use about a 1/4 C per 6# batch it is plenty, still has the cool visual effect but leaves your skin in better shape

Well you could advertise it as NO need to go to a dermatologist this soap will help any skin problem you have.It is a dermabrasion soap and it only cost $4.00.Your skin will be raw for awhile(same as a skin peel) but after that you will look so much younger.Look at the savings as the dermatologist costs is much more.

There are always new skin lotions to take away wrinkles so you have the soap to take away any other flaws people may have.

You might want to say nothing is 100%.There can be problems/complications.