For the budding carver

Ohhhh yes Im on it!

Would be more interesting to me if he would not have spammed me a few years ago on another board sending me information (more than once) about this set up he has. Most if not all of the carvers here use his setup from what I hear but anyone that takes my email off a board and spam emails me about how HE can teach ME how to carve a candle? wow

You could tell every few months "someone" would post about interest in candle carving and just like clockwork the next post would be a link to his site. Anyone that replied to the post would get an email with a link to his site..in my case twice. I would bet my life on the original post and the post with the link were all by him and no one will ever change my mind on that. That was many years ago I'm sure he doesn't have to do that kind of dredging now. It is one of the easier setups and its much cheaper then any of the other options so I bet hes doing very well with word of mouth, shows and the demos he does. More power to him, but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

On a side note, I started as a full time candle carver 30 years ago this month, wow time does fly. I do what I can to help fellow carvers as I have answered many board and PM questions but I also try not to cheapen the craft/art of candle carving.

Bruce

Obviously designed by a guy who loves gadgets. Gosh Bruce I thought these things had to be carved in minutes not the hours it would take me to just get the candle in the gizmo, marked and trimmed. Good marketing though. makes it look easy peasy as my friend would say.

Ohhhh yes Im on it!

Would be more interesting to me if he would not have spammed me a few years ago on another board sending me information (more than once) about this set up he has. Most if not all of the carvers here use his setup from what I hear but anyone that takes my email off a board and spam emails me about how HE can teach ME how to carve a candle? wow

You could tell every few months "someone" would post about interest in candle carving and just like clockwork the next post would be a link to his site. Anyone that replied to the post would get an email with a link to his site..in my case twice. I would bet my life on the original post and the post with the link were all by him and no one will ever change my mind on that. That was many years ago I'm sure he doesn't have to do that kind of dredging now. It is one of the easier setups and its much cheaper then any of the other options so I bet hes doing very well with word of mouth, shows and the demos he does. More power to him, but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

On a side note, I started as a full time candle carver 30 years ago this month, wow time does fly. I do what I can to help fellow carvers as I have answered many board and PM questions but I also try not to cheapen the craft/art of candle carving.

Bruce

I knew you was going to be all over this one but when I found that I thought that looks neat, let share. I am not that into carved candle enough to pay any kind of money to learn to do them but I like looking at them.

Heck it took me 10 minutes to dip the greeting.

LOL You silly nut you! Thanks!

Justright, my dad trained me and he was trained a few months before that by a guy in Michigan. My first show was in Keokuk Iowa at a tiny indoor shopping mall. We were set up right inside the entry way of the JC Penny store. I remember how cool I thought I looked with my just purchased "Boston" belt buckle. (music group). They had a parade that ended right in front of the mall so all the marchers came in about the time I started carving one of my first candles ever in public... the marchers were of course 20 or 30 cheerleaders. Toughest candle I have ever had to make.

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Oh and vicky.... your bad :D