metro/status jar supplier?

Does anybody know where I can get the good quality (thick glass) metro/status jars without the seams at a decent price? Cajun's were lopsided and thin, so I sent those back. I love the quality from the jar store, but the seam bothers me. Maybe nobody else would care about the seam? Thanks!

www.Fairwayglass.us carries the 11oz size. They call them "Richlands". I'm not sure if they are on the website or not, but if you call Ron, he'll be able to help you. I don't remember pricing off the top of my head, but I did post when they first added those jars with the pricing. If you search for Fairway and metro, you'll probably come across it.

I've been very happy with the quality of the jars and the customer service! HTH

The only 'true' status jar is made by Libbey. Early American Candle Supply is a distributor for Libbey glassware. The metro's or another name are knockoffs made in China or some such foreign place and aren't the best quality!! :cool2:

I have to disagree with Chris. I have the ones from the Jar store and they are thicker then what they used to be. They are if not as good a quality as the Libby ones. we have been selling quiteb a few of them since we put them out last week.

Do your customers care about the seams in the jar? I love the quality from the jar store, the glass is very thick and durable. I requested a sample from fairway glass to consider the seamless, but I won't switch from the jar store unless fairway's glass is just as thick and durable.

I actually just found out today that a local restaurant supply store can get me the Libbey metro jars for a very fair price.

If you can do that, then go for it! Glass is so expensive to ship and you'll be better off if you can pick it up!