Shipping Dilemma

Jadryga

I have a hotel that's interested in getting soaps from me! :yay:

They're looking at 4000 units a month, and want something somewhat substantial, so I was thinking 1oz guest soaps, which would mean about 4000oz, which works out to about 250lbs.

I plugged 50lbs into the USPS postage rate calculator and it came up to $230-$240 for Priority International!

Does anyone have any suggestions for cheaper alternatives I could look at? I'm not too familiar with bulk shipping options :(

I can't imagine fitting 20 lbs into the flat rate box. I make 3 oz bars. In order for the soaps to fit comfortably (i.e. with adequate cushioning) I can only put 20 bars in there. If I tried I might be able to fit a couple more in there, but that would still be about 5 lbs at best.

The hotel is here in Malaysia, but I'll be ordering the soaps in from the US. It's mainly word of mouth actually, through a friend of mine, but from that I got the foot into the door to bring some samples over, and they loved them! I usually include a little write-up about each product along with the samples, which they really liked since they felt that it gave the product more of a personal touch.

It's a boutique hotel with about 168 rooms to start with, but I've seen the concept for some of the rooms, they're quite lavish, looks more like a posh apartment than a conservative hotel. They're going for the "natural" theme, so that's one of the things I emphasized when I was pitching. I deliberately brought only FO and colorant free soaps.

They're also offering me the chance to supply the shampoo and conditioner but I'm really not sure about that... it wasn't something I'd been researching, so I'm not sure where I'd start and if I can find something within the budget. If someone has some suggestions, do shoot them by me!

I really hope this works out! :yay: