another sock

airforcewife

I finally made a pair of tube socks for Ava the other day, and I WAS pleased...until I saw your socks:D ! Now, the socks I did look stupid compared to your handknitted heels; Im in complete awe! Knitting with needles does NOT go well for me; crocheting was always my thing.

I never thought that I would ever be able to knit socks untill I just went ahead and tried, I think I searched the net for 3 days before I found a pattern that I understood and could read it was so simple that I just caught on. I thought that I could only knit afghans and scarves but I was wrong. I think I am doing really good for a self taught knitter.

I never thought that I would ever be able to knit socks untill I just went ahead and tried, I think I searched the net for 3 days before I found a pattern that I understood and could read it was so simple that I just caught on. I thought that I could only knit afghans and scarves but I was wrong. I think I am doing really good for a self taught knitter.
I am glad you wrote this. It gives me hope that at some point I can progress to something that is not a square or rectangle. :)

Most of the sock is what I refer to as "idiot knitting": you just knit and knit and knit... The only places you have to be careful are on the heel and toe, and once you've figured out how a sock works, it's quite easy.

I'd watch it with the Red Heart yarn for socks. Acrylic makes most feet hot and sweaty, while not supplying any warmth for winter. There's a lot of sock yarns from Regia and Schoeller/Stahl and other companies that are readily available (although usually from yarn stores and not from craft stores) that are a wool/nylon mix, and these usually work very well. Quite pricey, and take small needles, but the socks themselves last a looooong time. There are also a lot of patterning yarns: you just knit away and get all these stripes and checks.

we don't have any yarn stores around here so its very hard to find sock yarn and the craft stores don't have a good selection of yarn either I have to order it off the net which is becoming a problem for me. I use the red heart when I am trying out the patterns cause it cheap and easy to work with