Accidentally used votive wax when making a pillar

Do you think I can go ahead and use this as a pillar, or do I need to melt it and make something else? I figure worst case I'll convert it to votives or tarts. It's the 4794 wax.

Darbla

Darbla, I think the wax will be too soft to hold shape as it burns down. I mean, you can give it a shot, but burn it in a bowl or something. I'm not sure why Ilikewaxmelts keeps commenting on things that he/she always professes to know nothing about, especially when he/she doesn't make anything, but anyhow, I believe the wax won't hold its hape since votives are a softer wax. I think there may have been a thread about this somewhere in the past.

Everyone has given you their recommendations and mine don't differ - just wanted to tell you that you are not the only person who has ever poured the wrong wax... When I did it, I ORDERED the wrong wax and was 5 minutes away from calling the supplier and getting all fussy about it... lo and behold, the mistake was mine and at least I didn't make a fool out of myself to others...:undecided:tongue2: Sometimes, "mistakes" turn out well because you have the opportunity to find out what WOULD happen if you burned it just as it is... who knows - maybe it'll work out better than you had ever dreamed! One thing is for sure: it's not gonna explode, so if/when you test it, just be sure to put it in a flat bottomed bowl in case it decides to blow out or slump into a mess.:)

Everyone has given you their recommendations and mine don't differ - just wanted to tell you that you are not the only person who has ever poured the wrong wax... When I did it, I ORDERED the wrong wax and was 5 minutes away from calling the supplier and getting all fussy about it... lo and behold, the mistake was mine and at least I didn't make a fool out of myself to others...:undecided:tongue2: Sometimes, "mistakes" turn out well because you have the opportunity to find out what WOULD happen if you burned it just as it is... who knows - maybe it'll work out better than you had ever dreamed! One thing is for sure: it's not gonna explode, so if/when you test it, just be sure to put it in a flat bottomed bowl in case it decides to blow out or slump into a mess.:)

that is why I am using the tealight plug for my pillars! :laugh2: I am so tired of test burning wax! don't get me wrong but my containers have wore me out of test burning! :D I don't want to deal with blow outs or a mess!

I am in the stages of creating my Christmas line candles and I mixed a few FO's together and it turned out better than my expectations, I tested it today and it passed every test feature I look for! Full melt pool within the time limit and the hot throw was awesome! I was worried about it cause it smells light in the cold throw but now I can't get it away from my son! LOL

Oh and I named the fragrance "Sparkling Snowflakes" (I hope that name isn't being used anywhere!:undecided )

that is why I am using the tealight plug for my pillars! :laugh2: I am so tired of test burning wax! don't get me wrong but my containers have wore me out of test burning! :D I don't want to deal with blow outs or a mess!

Ditto!!!! I got tired of testing palm...so i cut out the wick & started making all my pillars Foreves!!!!

Darbla, I think the wax will be too soft to hold shape as it burns down. I mean, you can give it a shot, but burn it in a bowl or something. I'm not sure why Ilikewaxmelts keeps commenting on things that he/she always professes to know nothing about, especially when he/she doesn't make anything, but anyhow, I believe the wax won't hold its hape since votives are a softer wax. I think there may have been a thread about this somewhere in the past.

It won't hold its shape, or if you under wick it enough, you'll get a mess or a small tunnel. I'd remelt and make something else or pop it in one of those glass containers and make it a wickless.

I dug around in my candle stuff cabinet and found a rather large glass candle holder or vase, and this pillar almost fits down in it. I think I'll shave the sides of the pillar and plop it in, then melt the shavings and make a tart or two. I'll try adding extra Vybar to that too, since that's something I was wanting to experiment with anyway. Can't let this expensive stuff go to waste!

Darbla