Think I may have a success for a change!

DeJae

So is everyone disapointed with me on these swirls?? lol

Chickie, these are Bichons and the loves of my life.

My youngest son who is 26 says they are treated better than the family, he is right!

But I miss my baby that I lost 2 years ago, (beagle/terrier mix) had her from 5 weeks till 16 years old. She died in my lap.

Hmmm, black rasp vanilla and OMH and I think maybe a designer fragrance

ETA: But I think I need Brenda, Eugenia, Scented, Carebear or Grumpy maybe to teach me how to swirl in a log though, not gettin it right yet

It's lovely... like summer clouds... I think you did great!

I only make logs, and swirl in the pot by first ladleing a thin layer in the bottom of the old, then dropping small gollops from diferent hights so it settles at different layer, then a quick couple swipes through with the spatula (you dont want to incorpoarte it, just move it a bit). Save out a few teaspoonss of the colored and pour in the mold, then dribble the last of the colored on top and drag the kabob skewer through. if this methd works for you great, if not, I'm sure someone here as a method that will. :cheesy2:

I poured it in layers and finished it off with some poured through from very high up and then a some just on top....Then took a chop stick and drew pictures in it! :D

But I guess the layer thing is not a good one.

Next time I try in the POT!

I think your layers look lovely... I like how balanced it is, It is plaesing to the eye. Isn't that what it's all about? Of course if you dont want layers and you do want curly swirls I guess you'll have to do something different. I may try your technique next batch and try for your cloud effect. Just for variety.

Hmmm, black rasp vanilla and OMH and I think maybe a designer fragrance

ETA: But I think I need Brenda, Eugenia, Scented, Carebear or Grumpy maybe to teach me how to swirl in a log though, not gettin it right yet

Here's my advice ... ITP swirl ... make color, combine with some soap and dump! whish it once or twice and then don't touch! Have Bunny stand next to you to slap your hands because you wanna.

You really wouldn't want to know what I do, because then you would get butts in your soap and I don't need the competition on eBay LMAO!

Good cuts!! BRV from where ... oh hell, where is it already? You've had time to get some in a mold! :laugh2:

Looking forward to seeing more!

Oh yeah, I don't see clouds, I see faces in those bars!

Thanks all for the compliments, I guess I shouldn't complain being it was only like my 2nd success that I am somewhat happy with. I am just so picky and want what I want! LOL

I don't think I would even be this far without all the help from here.

It's lovely... like summer clouds... I think you did great!

I only make logs, and swirl in the pot by first ladleing a thin layer in the bottom of the old, then dropping small gollops from diferent hights so it settles at different layer, then a quick couple swipes through with the spatula (you dont want to incorpoarte it, just move it a bit). Save out a few teaspoonss of the colored and pour in the mold, then dribble the last of the colored on top and drag the kabob skewer through. if this methd works for you great, if not, I'm sure someone here as a method that will. :cheesy2:

Ok… I had a brain fart… I’m fussing with the oatmeal honey soap I made this morning, opened the ice chest enough to feel the heat, there wasn’t any so I looked… no sign of gel at all… and pale as a ghost so I stuck it in the oven. Who ever heard of honey soap that didn’t gel?

Anyway as I was looking in the oven I realized I didn’t explain myself to well… when you drop the gollops in you drop them in to the POT- NOT the mold. And what scented said… don’t over do the whishing, though I’ve noticed I can whish more with the skewer than I can with the chop stick (which is a lot thicker and displaces a lot more soap than the skewer).

Did I just basically repeat everything scented said? Yup… mostly… well…listen to her! She's smart and knows what she's talking about! Ummm, I think I learned how to do it reading one of her posts even before I joined here... Isn't this place great?

I think you're delusional Grandma A lol.

I haven't taught anyone anything in soaping, but the others in your list have :)

I had the bonus of watching Bunny make some soap and when I asked questions and said but ... but ... but (she just repeated her No or don't do it more firmly lol.)

She had an echo also lol.

I think you're delusional Grandma A lol.

I haven't taught anyone anything in soaping, but the others in your list have :)

I had the bonus of watching Bunny make some soap and when I asked questions and said but ... but ... but (she just repeated her No or don't do it more firmly lol.)

She had an echo also lol.

I think you wrote about that, soaping with Bunny, and it gave me a wonderful visual of what was going on. It's when I started believeing I could do it. If it wasn't you then who ever it was THANK YOU!

OMG!!! What is your issue girl!!!!!?????

What kind of butts in the soap?? As in cigarette butts?

BRV that doesn't turn, haven't soaped yet, I don't soap till after 11 when the furbabies are in bed, didn't you read. BUT, I did do a BRV last week, I cut it to soon and it kind of mushed but it is still sitting there and still the same color as it was when I made it.....

And please tell me, what kind of faces are you seeing my dear?????

Spookey, Silly, Smiley, Happy, Sad, Scary?? LOL

ETA: OUT OF MY WAY LADIES, I GOT APPROX 1.5 HOURS AND LET THE SOAPING BEGIN!!

ROUND TWO, DING DING, DING DING!

Here's my advice ... ITP swirl ... make color, combine with some soap and dump! whish it once or twice and then don't touch! Have Bunny stand next to you to slap your hands because you wanna.

You really wouldn't want to know what I do, because then you would get butts in your soap and I don't need the competition on eBay LMAO!

Good cuts!! BRV from where ... oh hell, where is it already? You've had time to get some in a mold! :laugh2:

Looking forward to seeing more!

Oh yeah, I don't see clouds, I see faces in those bars!

WELL IT IS CUT!!!

Swirls didn't come out the way I had hoped but nice enough for a first success and they smell ummm ummm good!

Look like clouds to me!

Now off to the foot doctor and I will be back...

Clouds it is .. and pretty damn pretty ones at that. Great job!!

So is everyone disapointed with me on these swirls?? lol

Chickie, these are Bichons and the loves of my life.

My youngest son who is 26 says they are treated better than the family, he is right!

But I miss my baby that I lost 2 years ago, (beagle/terrier mix) had her from 5 weeks till 16 years old. She died in my lap.

Awww they are adorable!! I had my poodles almost that long. Baby was white and Ginger was red. I've got 4 that are Australian Shepard/Blue Heeler mixed breeds and 1 little one we think is a Jack Russel who found DH at work while she was in the middle of the highway! lol, but I still miss those two, they were the loves of my life too!