Water in my wax straight from the manuf.??

This is a new one on me! I am making candles for a fundrasier and was on my fifth box of j223 when my daughter cut into it and a large pocket/bubble burst and water poured out of it. :confused: There was more than one pocket like that too.

About a week ago I posted a question about caverns and tunnels in my J223 contianer candles since I have never had them before. Now I am wondering if this has something to do with it? :rolleyes2

I called Mike at Candlescience and he said that the manufacturer cools the wax in water and sometimes it leaks into the wax and causes this sort of thing. He is promptly replacing the whole box and throwing in a sample of IGI 4630 and some wicks to test with it for free! I though that was very nice of him and very proffessionaly handled. He highly recommends this wax and said that the J223 is up in the with the manufacturers as we all know. So since the j223 might be discontinued, I figured I might as well start playing and testing another container wax.

Anyway I have a deadline to meet by next week so I am panicking!

Anybody else ever had this happen??

Yes, you can see the water in the pour pot it will stay on the bottom. Don't pour the last bit in. I ran into this problem about 5 years ago with IGI 4786. It does happen but that is great that they will replace it for you. I had bought mine from another candlemaker so I was stuck with it but IGI did end up replacing her whole pallet.

You really are having a rough time with this fundraiser. Sorry to hear about the water problem. haven't had that happen yet. I'm on my last case of J223 and need to decide what to do - order more or try a different container wax. Just hate to make a change this time of year. Hope things start looking up for you.