IGI 6006 Serious Problems?

I have been using IGI 6006 for 5 years. I buy by same batch #s and always test each new batch.

I bought 5 cases from Lone Star in July and when I tested it, at first it appeared fine (Batch #B0700375.) Then after candle burned a couple hours or on 2nd burn, I began to notice this thick black gooooop! forming around wick, wick started dying down and eventually went out. This was with CDs, Performas, & double wicked with Z 44-28 & 44-32.

I tried to call IGI but they would not talk to me. Said I had to go thru supplier. Talked to Lone Star and they were great. They said not heard of any complaints, but sent me 10#s from a NEW batch. I wanted to test it 1st before I bought 10 cases.

Guys, it is doing the SAME thing. After 3 hrs, I am getting that horrible black goop around wick. In fact, there is a little black collecting in the edges of the melt pool.

Please pm me ASAP if you have noticed any of this. I posted the other day that I would continue using IGI because I trusted them. If they have pulled a number on us just before the hectic season, there is no excuse for it. Thks, Carole

Did you get the tibetan amber to burn in any other wax? This wax is acting more like 4630, it is very oily. Still looking for answers. Thks, Carole

I use 4630 from CandleScience and have never noticed it to be oily or have any black goop regardless of FO. Mainly use Peak's FO's. Sorry I don't have your answer.

i'm having a problem when i burn my candles. they just burn down through the center and not all over. could this have something to do with the way i melt and pour the wax? i'm new to this site and have read the newbie news, but am still not sure where to post a question so am asking mine here.

i'm having a problem when i burn my candles. they just burn down through the center and not all over. could this have something to do with the way i melt and pour the wax? i'm new to this site and have read the newbie news, but am still not sure where to post a question so am asking mine here.

You should start a new thread with your question......you'd probably get more replys. However, it sounds like your wick is too small. :cool2: