Anyone know how to get a stain out of

carpeting from spilled paraffin wax?

My daughter just called me with this question and I don't have a clue so I thought I'd ask the experts! She said it was a pink candle (the dog knocked over) and that she did get all of the wax out but it left a yellow stain in several spots. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance~

Lorraine

carpeting from spilled paraffin wax?

My daughter just called me with this question and I don't have a clue so I thought I'd ask the experts! She said it was a pink candle (the dog knocked over) and that she did get all of the wax out but it left a yellow stain in several spots. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance~

Lorraine

Try natures orange, it is a citrus cleaner, that even took a red melted candle out on beige carpet, we got our at home depot.

Just wanted to let you know that my daughter was able to get the stains out! :yay: She used a product called Greased Lightening Blast, Orange Powered, Super Strength Auto Shop Degreaser. She found this in the auto dept. at Walmart. She said that every bit of the stain came out! Wanted to post this in case it might help someone else. Think I might pick up some of this stuff to keep on hand for myself!

Thanks again for your quick replys~

Lorraine

"Goof Off" says right on their label that it can be used to remove candle wax. I've never actually tried it and it seems to be very heavily alcohol based. I'd try a small bit to make sure it doesn't bleach the carpet or something like that.