damned pinholes!

uh well I think they are pinholes.. I never met one before! I mad smooth pillars and never had a problem with evil air bubbles trapped, pinholes and so on.. I'm trying to make some votives, first time for me, and no one came out smooth! I cleaned the molds with WD40, wiped them well, all things that I do with my pillar molds, I thought it could be the same.. but no!! it seems that someone (someone very evil) punched all my votives with a needle.. and where the base of the wick pins is there is a whole collection of air bubbles. but I tapped and tapped and tapped... my wax has a 133 MP, I add some vybar, and pour at 176.. uhmm maybe too cool? Maybe that's because a votive is much smaller than a pillar and cools too fast.. OHHHHHH sometimes candlemaking can be frustrating!!!!

You gotta burp those pins, at least that's what works for me. I just hit the bottoms with the heat gun till it coughs up the air bubble.

Hi Scented, will do so! The next bathc I'll slightly heat the molds (here the temp dropped tremendously) and then tap, and the shot with the gun. All my weapons are ready!

Don't know if this will work for you but it sure helped remove the evil pinhole curse for me. I hit the votive molds with the heat gun just before pouring. I can only pour 3 at a time but no pin holes. Then I heat up another 3 molds and repeat. Course I am pouring with a paper cup that only holds enough wax for 3 votives. I ended up with wax everywhere when trying to use the pour pot. Good Luck

Don't know if this will work for you but it sure helped remove the evil pinhole curse for me. I hit the votive molds with the heat gun just before pouring. I can only pour 3 at a time but no pin holes. Then I heat up another 3 molds and repeat. Course I am pouring with a paper cup that only holds enough wax for 3 votives. I ended up with wax everywhere when trying to use the pour pot. Good Luck

Thank you Sharyl,

today I don't have time to try but tomorrow I will do. The temp here raised again, and I work in my kithcen where I have three big windows and the sun hit it all day, so when I need to keep the mold warm I jus put them on the table under the sun. Otherwise I use the heat gun. Thanks for all the suggestions, pinholes, I'm coming!!!