Low Profile Jars

Crafty1

Please note that I also posted this message in the business section, after applying thought, felt it was probably more suited for that area. Feel free to remove. Sorry

For those who use low profile jars, do you use the full sheet label and cut it to fit the jar or have you had success with finding labels that are a perfect fit? Right now I do my measurements in word and print to a full sheet and cut and apply. Getting a little tired of all the cutting and applying. Any help would be appreciated

I use full sheet labels for everything and cut to size. I didn't want to get into buying different sizes. After a while it sort of becomes routine like and the cutting time goes by fast. I use a small rotary scrapbook cutter. Looking at getting one of the round cutters to make some circle labels. :)

I use full sheet labels for everything and cut to size. I didn't want to get into buying different sizes. After a while it sort of becomes routine like and the cutting time goes by fast. I use a small rotary scrapbook cutter. Looking at getting one of the round cutters to make some circle labels. :)

This is what I've decided to do also, at least for the time being. I'm sooo frustrated with my round labels being "off" and just don't have the time to try and adjust sooo many different sizes, KWIM?

I bought one of those rotary cutters at WallyWorld a week or so ago, but haven't used it as of yet since I don't have any full sheet labels.

I can't even MAKE a label I like in my software, I guess I have to do that first huh? LOL :rolleyes2

For my 4oz low profile jars I use 1x4 labels:cheesy2:

Me too. It is super easy. I have a front and back label, and it takes no time at all to apply them. You can use them for the 4oz and the 8oz.

I was doing full sheet for a while, until I finally splurged to get the 1x4 s from planet label.

So glad I came across this thread.... I use the Avery brand labels from Staples, Walmart, etc and they are coming right off the jars and (sometimes) off my lotion bottles. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong (I use rubbing alcohol just before applying the labels.) I made scrubs for a swap late the other night, washed them off w/ alcohol (which no oil surprisingly were on the sides to begin w/), made sure it was dry and did not touch where the labels went, I even sprayed my hands. It looked GREAT till the next morning when I got up and both ends of the labels were curled. Any advise??? :confused:

TIA :)

So glad I came across this thread.... I use the Avery brand labels from Staples, Walmart, etc and they are coming right off the jars and (sometimes) off my lotion bottles. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong (I use rubbing alcohol just before applying the labels.) I made scrubs for a swap late the other night, washed them off w/ alcohol (which no oil surprisingly were on the sides to begin w/), made sure it was dry and did not touch where the labels went, I even sprayed my hands. It looked GREAT till the next morning when I got up and both ends of the labels were curled. Any advise??? :confused:

TIA :)

umm! not sure why you are having this problem, but i too use the avery labels as well as the glossy ones from planetlabel. i normally clean my containers prior to filling and only have to wipe the surface area clean, if i so happen to have a spill. i also spray the krylon aryclic spray on my labels after they have printed. the spray has helped my labels from smearing. HTH