Anyone pour melts into souffle cups 1oz to avoid shrink wrapping.

Cissy I would not put to much store in the shipping I have a feeling after this thread they got a ton of unexpected orders from candle and soap makers. I also bet they are wondering why all the sudden they where getting orders from us also. My shipping was reasonable I had them with in about 10 day from ordering. I ordered on Wed. and had them the next Friday.

will 100% soy come out of these fine without putting them in the fridge?

Also would anyone be willing to send me about 10 2oz ones that i could test in, I'd pay for all costs of the product + shipping. Just don't want to order a ton of them at first.

Vicky, you're probably right. After today, they will probably get even more orders than before of the #5 black ovals. I might better stock up before they're all gone.:D

I don't make soy tarts, but decided to melt some GB 415 I'm playing with

and put in these cups. I had to put in freezer for only a very short time and it popped right out. I haven't left it in a hot room to see if it would re-adhere to the sides of cup, though.

Kforbs126....will pm you.

I used to make my tarts in the metal cups then pack them in sets of 4. Now I use the 1oz cups and they are selling alot better. My coustmers really like the cups better. They can buy one and try out a scent to see If they like it. And to me they are alot faster to make. Regina :D

There is no doubt about it, they will be much faster for me because I have always shriink-wrapped them individually. I am so burned out with this, spending more time packaging them than pouring them....not enough profit to even pay minumum wage to myself, if I were to write myself a paycheck. The cups certainly won't look as professional and I hope it doesn't hurt sales so that I have to start shrink-wrapping again. One thing that concerns me is that customers can't just pick up the tart and smell it. Now, even with having scented candle jars nearby, many of them will still want to take the lids off the oval cups to smell every scent. Everyone wants to feel, touch and smell (and hopefully not drop) everything before buying. I think one advantage for the customer, though, is that all they will have to do now is to snap off the lid and plop the tart in their warmer (easier than taking the shrink wrap from around the tart).

Kforbes126..I forgot to mention that the soy wax I put in the clear oval cup was one with no color. I haven't tried one with dye yet, so not sure if it will leave a "frosted look" on the cup where the wax releases. I suspect it will, especially with darker colors. This is something to consider for anyone planning to use the clear cups. Next time I pour, later this week, I'll check this out and post results.

Vicky, you're probably right. After today, they will probably get even more orders than before of the #5 black ovals. I might better stock up before they're all gone.:D

I don't make soy tarts, but decided to melt some GB 415 I'm playing with

and put in these cups. I had to put in freezer for only a very short time and it popped right out. I haven't left it in a hot room to see if it would re-adhere to the sides of cup, though.

Kforbs126....will pm you.

Cissy,

If you have any pillar wax add up to 25% to the 415. That's what I use in my clamshells and they pop right out. This is one application where I love 415, the clamshells come out so creamy smooth. HTH

Anita

We have a major freight line here that holds a salvage sale every other wk, for unclaimed/refused freight. I bought a pkg of 1,000 so cheap I couldn't pass them up. I intended to use them for sniffing samples. Here's what I bought http://www.instawares.com/2-oz-liddles-portion.dix87429.0.7.htm & they do have the 5 rating stamped on the bottom. It took close to a yr, but they did break open. I'm not sure about other waxes, but soy expands over time. I won't swear the breakage had nothing to do w/ the fo, but I think it's a matter of the wax expanding & splitting the plastic.

Susan.

Cissy,

If you have any pillar wax add up to 25% to the 415. That's what I use in my clamshells and they pop right out. This is one application where I love 415, the clamshells come out so creamy smooth. HTH

Anita

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this if I decide to do more tarts with the 415.

Currently, I'm using a paraffin/pillar blend for my tarts and they do pop right out of the molds. I do like the shiny creamy top of the GB 415 tart I did...don't know if the top will continue to look that way over time.

UPDATE ON (2) oz SOUFFLE CUPS:

I just received the 2 oz size black oval cups today. They are definitely not the same quality as the (1) oz size. They do not even have a recycle # on them anywhere. Holding them up to the light, they are much more transparent than the 1 oz ones I previously ordered. Also, out of 25 lids I pulled off the top of bag, 19 of them have warped edges on the lids. I just wasted $45 bucks (including shipping - $13.33), assuming they would be exactly the same quality as the 1 ouncers. Unfortunately the size is not the only difference.

I emailed Webstaurant a couple days ago to inform C.S. that the (1) oz. ones do have #5, not #6 as she said the mfgr told her. She emailed me back, saying they might have changed something, so she always calls them when she has an inquiry. Now, even if I wanted to make the 20 gram tarts, I would be afraid to order them again, afraid they might decide to change them also. If any of you decide to order either of these souffle cups, please contact them first, although I'm not sure if their advice would be accurate.

Sounds like it's just a gamble to order these from them.

Sorry if any of you got all excited about these. I am disappointed, also, and broker. Thought I was close to a solution of saving lots of labor. Now, I am back to the drawing board. Guess I better get busy shrink-wrapping again. (Darn!)

• 3 weeks later...

Another update:

I decided to pour 1/4 oz plain Red Hot Cinnamon FO into the 2 oz souffle up and let it sit up to see if it would 'eat' thru the plastic. It's been 17 days now and it has not softened the cup any. I filled up a few cups with RHC FO and wax and will let them sit for a few months to see if they lose any scent.

The 2 oz cups actually hold 45-46 grams...wish they would make a 1.5 oz size.The partially filled cups will take up useless storage space. If I decide later to use these, I will fill them as close to 30 grams as possible to keep my price as is. I'm sure some customers will wonder why they aren't full and think they're getting cheated....too much explaining. BTW, I looked thru the entire box of lids (1000) and ended up with around 50 damaged lids, but this particular box had a few extra lids anyway. Some of the warped ones will work once you snap them onto the cups. The damaged lids had mfgr's defective edges and not usable. Most of these somehow ended up on the top in my initial search. They were not damaged during shipping, but were actually manufacturing defects. I still don't know what type of plastic the 2 oz cups are made of, but they must be stronger than they initially appeared to be since the FO hasn't affected them yet. I am still on a search, though, for a better packaging method with a professional edge, cost effective, and less labor intensive than shrink-wrapping.

Most restaurants I've seen use the cheaper portion cups or the round black souffle cups. Certain areas of the country might have progressed to the oval cups, but I, myself, haven't seen them in restaurants yet. I really don't eat out frequently except for fast food, so I might have missed something.

You can go to mc Donalds , they will give you a sleeve which consists of 250 cups with lids for free , then after that they will sel them to you for $4.00

Are you referring to the black oval cups or the transparent type portion cups?......haven't been to McDonald's lately....not my favorite fast food place. I had no idea they or any business would be so generous. If so, their generosity won't last long when we all pay them a visit, will it! (LOL)

The ones I'm talking about are the 1 oz trans type.. So far I have went to 8 Mc Donalds around my area and they all have given them to me the first time for free , and after that they sell them to you ..

Or at least for me they have and others I have told of this , tried and sure enough they did them too...

This is a long thread, but if you go back to the beginning of thread, it refers to the black oval cups and their source, The Webstaurant Store. They also have the black 1 oz and 2 oz round souffle cups with the clear lids sold separately. As I mentioned in one of my many previous very detailed posts in this same thread, the oval 1 oz size does have a #5 on the cup.