Couple of Soaps

Brenda

Since I've been working hard on lotion making I've been neglecting my soaping. This week I made three batches all in one day. It felt great to have the soap pot back out. I made Sandalwood & Oakmoss, but it's still too soft to cut.

I made a chunk soap just for fun. Scented with California Navel Orange, it includes chunks of Shea Vanilla Bean, Lemon Drop, and Ginger Snap soaps and smells pretty good.

chunk_soap.jpg

Next up is Linden Green Tea from SW. I've used the FO in lotion and it's fabulous. A fresh, clean scent. It's great in CP as well.

Linden%20Green%20Tea.jpg

You can see the top ashed because I couldn't keep the lid on it! :rolleyes2 Had to peek since I'm a compulsive peeker. Not quite the color I was after, but this was my third batch and I got lazy. :tiptoe:

Thanks for looking!

Oh, sooo nice Brenda, but then again you always do such nice stuff. OR AT LEAST THE ONES YOU SHOW!!!! :laugh2:

Taking donation orders???? I will take a modern art one being they were only for fun!!! :drool::yay::laugh2:

:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

Did you take time arranging the pieces, or did they happen to fall in just right?

I just tossed them in by handfuls right into the soap pot before the pour and gave it a stir. They were all cubes. Saved a few for the top.

DeJae - :embarasse It turns out I had to rebatch the Sandalwood & Oakmoss. I made a really stupid error when doubling the recipe (forgot to double the lye) and I wasn't about to throw away 126 ounces of oils! :rolleyes2 Did the oven bag thing and then added my calculated additional lye solution and mushed and cooked, mushed and cooked. I hate rebatching because I'm not good at it. Now instead of a nice swirl I've got a rough, jumbled soap sitting in the mold. I'll post a pic once they're cut and trimmed so you can see why I hope every CP batch of mine turns out "the first time"! LOL

Thanks for the kind remarks! :)