GrandmaArial

firegirl

Since it seems like there are a few of us that have ventured into soaping at around the same time, I was wondering if we should do a little beginners soapers swap.. might not be the right forum, but I would love to try some of your creations, and I would love to send off one of mine so we could see some of the fruit of our labor. It looks like there are several of us in the same boat. I have made about 20 batches with 3 more going today. I am totally addicted and think it would be great to send what we feel is our favorite recipe/fragrance combination to one another. This would not even have to be just for new soapers, but possibly a "Favorite CP recipe/fragrance swap" We don't have to divulge our recipes if we don't want to, but I would love some feedback on what I have made so far...Just tossing it out there. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot.. please move if necessary. Please let me know what anyone thinks!Teri

Ok… new rule… never ever start a thread with my name! You scared me! I thought I was in trouble!:eek:

I think it’s a great idea. Is it allowed in the rules of the forum… use being newbies and all? I would change one thing, and that is to include ingredients. I have multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome and know many others became interested in producing soap and other body products because they have sensitivities. I wouldn’t want recipes, just ingredients to know I won’t be exposing myself to anything I react to. Someone else pointed out that someone people have prejudices against some oils so keeping the ingredients secret helps for a truly unbiased evaluation. Perhaps a list of acceptable ingredients? This is your baby Firegirl… what do you think? Anyone else?

I think you should all check this one out, four spots left. You will get true opinions and a chance to try other people's soap. G.A., if you have specific oils that you must avoid, I am sure Carrie can accommodate you without giving any secrets away. Why not contact her? She is very professional and I'm sure that her swap will be A+.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56423

e

euginia is, of course, right. This should be perfect for you four... I am hesitant to commit to useing aything I don't know what's in it... or I would.

GrandmaArial, I was talking to you, LOL.

G.A., if you have specific oils that you must avoid, I am sure Carrie can accommodate you without giving any secrets away.

Not that I am pushy, LMAO!

This is an excellent idea i am all for it :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I Like to participate to I didn't make any soap the last couple weeks. I have to do my show next. But i will send one of the 11 batches i made. The thing Is i never done a Swap before so you have to let me knou what to do

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Okay.. I take off to go camping and you see what happens! I am sorry.. let me clarify what I meant about divulging your recipe. I meant percentages ... ect.. I am more than willing to give up the whole recipe. I know that some folks are uncomfortable giving up the recipe. I personally feel that it would be better to see the entire recipe so we can see what makes it different than ours. Just my opinion. Top... I would personally love to keep something like this to around 5 or 6 people. This would be plenty of soap to test out. So, I would love to handle this if you all think this would be acceptable.. sorry GrandmaArial.. did not mean to scare you. I have enjoyed reading your posts about your soaping ventures because we seem to be in the same boat. I am happy to take this min-swap on. I will anxiously await feedback from a few to proceed. There is no rush.. I was thinking to have everything submitted by the end of September and shipped to oneanother by Octoberish.. or whatever you all would like. THanks for the interest!Teri

Okay.. I take off to go camping and you see what happens! I am sorry.. let me clarify what I meant about divulging your recipe. I meant percentages ... ect.. I am more than willing to give up the whole recipe. I know that some folks are uncomfortable giving up the recipe. I personally feel that it would be better to see the entire recipe so we can see what makes it different than ours. Just my opinion. Top... I would personally love to keep something like this to around 5 or 6 people. This would be plenty of soap to test out. So, I would love to handle this if you all think this would be acceptable.. sorry GrandmaArial.. did not mean to scare you. I have enjoyed reading your posts about your soaping ventures because we seem to be in the same boat. I am happy to take this min-swap on. I will anxiously await feedback from a few to proceed. There is no rush.. I was thinking to have everything submitted by the end of September and shipped to oneanother by Octoberish.. or whatever you all would like. THanks for the interest!Teri

I'd love to join in if there's still room . . .:smiley2:

I think I will wait for a few more responses and then I will go ahead and post it in the swap section. This will be a lot of fun and is intended to be fun and insightful to all of us that are starting out in this fabulous arena! I can't thank folks like Eugenia, Meridith, Crafty1AJ, Maryann, Brenda, Grumpygirl, Carebear, and many many others for selling and giving me soap to sample. I am on my way and learning up a storm.. I hope to make a product a fraction as great as those that I have sampled! I feel kind of guilty about the poor people that I got hooked on my Melt and Pour with additives.. I can hear my m&p blocks wimpering in the corner.. .. Thanks!Teri

I think I will wait for a few more responses and then I will go ahead and post it in the swap section. .. .. Thanks!Teri

Teri, if/when you do set it up in the swap section, could you please post a heads-up on this thread?

Cheers!