fillmore has fo! for soy especially c-3!

Don't forget that they have to put 16 samples in 16 bottles and label them - with the larger size, it's only one bottle, one label and one fill - probably takes the same amount of time to do one 1 pound bottle as it does one 1 ounce bottle! If their labor cost is $12/hour (assuming a wage of $8 per hour + employer payroll taxes & unemployment insurance) and it takes 5 minutes to print a sheet of labels and 3 minutes each to fill the small samples, that's an hour of labor. Then add on the amortized overhead costs (rent, business insurance, utilities, phone, website, advertising, supplies, waste, accountant, equipment depreciation, etc.) plus the shipping supplies used and the labor for packaging and invoicing... not as large a profit margin as one might think... Most suppliers charge less per unit volume as the quantity increases, so they actually have a lower markup on the larger sizes, but a greater profit margin because of the savings on labor...

Many folks have minimums for services as well as sales... as a typesetter/graphic designer, I have a $50 minimum; as a computer consultant, I charge a $100 minimum to go to a client's home (within a radius of 20 miles) and troubleshoot their computer problems. My mechanic has a $50 minimum (unless he really likes ya). When my husband had his own painting business, he did not take any jobs under $100 because he lost too much money on setup, etc. Time is money!

I am not trying to be argumentive - it's just that lots of folks don't realize ALL the costs involved in business (which is why a lot of folks go broke). Sometimes a higher profit on, say FOs, will help float an item that has a smaller profit margin or a loss-leader.

I personally have ordered FAR more samples than I have larger sizes, so I figure it balances out for all concerned.

great news! well since they were so nice to listen and do something about it i hope yunz give them some biz. i just got mine yesterday and they smell divine. they are in nice amber glass bottles. i poured and the ct is great. smells my house up!

i have tried lilac, peach preseves, baby powder, christmas tree, warm apple pie, angel, seaside mist, banana nut bread, peony, black rasp vanilla, moonlite path and i like them all and they are about 5 min from my house. i use c-3 and get great throw from all of them. the christmas tree is the best i have found in 7 years of candlemaking.

i have tried lilac, peach preseves, baby powder, christmas tree, warm apple pie, angel, seaside mist, banana nut bread, peony, black rasp vanilla, moonlite path and i like them all and they are about 5 min from my house. i use c-3 and get great throw from all of them. the christmas tree is the best i have found in 7 years of candlemaking.

They are close enough to me I can do a day drive to save on shipping. I was amazed at how much I can save if a supplier is close enough to go there and back the same day.

Also-- I am looking for a killer lilac and peach for both soap and candles.

That is great news for us C3 users!! I wish they would actually charge us shipping from their LA warehouse, but everytime I go into their site for glass shipping is outrageous for us here on the West Coast.

Fillmore has a warehouse in LA?? It would be great if they would sell to us that are on the west coast..

You know another place I have found here in Calif..They sell Enchanted Lites soy....She has FO's..Jars..it is www.thespirtofthewest.com her name is Robin..she is really a nice lady..she has several sizes of jars..her store is in Ceres Calif..Check it out..

I got a nice email from Heidi. She asked that we call in fo orders under $40. because the web doesn't accomodate them yet...they're working on it. Also she said she is putting in the suggestion for 4 oz and 8 oz bottles. Right now they are "listening" to the candle community, since fo is very new to them. So if you have suggestions, email them now.