Priority Flat Rate Boxes

Kelly

Hi... I have a question about these. Can you just pick up the boxes from the post office or do you have to order them through the USPS website? Are the square ones sturdy enough for packing candles in? The pictures on the site look a little flimsy to me, but if I don't use these boxes I don't think I'd get the flat rate price.

TIA

Kelly

Hi... I have a question about these. Can you just pick up the boxes from the post office or do you have to order them through the USPS website? Are the square ones sturdy enough for packing candles in? The pictures on the site look a little flimsy to me, but if I don't use these boxes I don't think I'd get the flat rate price.

TIA

Kelly

My post office has them on hand most of the time, but I like to order the bundles of them online. It's nice to have them in bulk.

They are good sturdy boxes. I use them to ship candles often. And you're right, if you don't use the flat rate box, you don't get the flat rate.

The folks at my post office are jerks and never have anything but a few of the priority envelopes. I was told by them that I had to order online, and I took exception to that attitude and reported them. They now have a few boxes there, but not many.

It was easy enough to order on line, but I got so irritated because of their attitude and not taking into consideration that everyone can order online--especially elderly people. Got some really blank stares on that one.

So when you order the boxes online do you still have to pay S&H?

Nope, no S&H charges added. I ordered some boxes a while back in sizes that my post office didn't have. They just sent them to the post office and I picked them up. I guess if you have home delivery of your mail and packages, then you would get them delivered to your home.

My postmaster is really great, she goes out of her way to help me out and so does the assistant postmaster. Oh if everyone were as helpful as those two, then the world would indeed be a better place.

Most post offices should have them on hand though.

HTH

Jennifer

Looks like Crafty and I were thinking alike. LOL